• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Plugging a good learning tool:

ro_sauce

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 26, 2007
bwhgaming.com
Unreal Development Kit Game Programming with UnrealScript: Beginner's Guide

i got this a while back (i think right when it came out) and it has been a fantastic tool for learning coding, i'm only a third of the way through, but it helps me in understanding a lot of what is going on in coding.

if you're beginning coding, this is a great resource that will come in handy even after youre completely done with it.

also comes with great programs that help organize the code, and trace functions up through parent classes, and other utilities.

Gartley

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 27, 2010
UK
www.wildcardproductionstudios.co.uk
If it's anything like the Mastering Unreal Tech books it is most certainly worth checking out. They are great starting points for people interested. And sometimes even have a nugget of new info for the old hands.

matttthias

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 5, 2010
Austria
www.team-gmk.com
i got this a while back (i think right when it came out) and it has been a fantastic tool for learning coding, i'm only a third of the way through, but it helps me in understanding a lot of what is going on in coding.
yep, i got it too when it came out and its really helps to understand so much things :)

ro_sauce

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 26, 2007
bwhgaming.com
rachel cordone wrote the book, so she really explains things well, it's much better than those other unreal engine programming books on amazon.

tehmadcap

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 6, 2010
My copy just arrived. There's no CD or anything though. Isn't it supposed to come with files?