• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pledge to Beta Players

ok so i don't totally know the score here but is it not the case that when you install the game and steam takes care of it, you will revert to the german cut version because that is your location?
I'm sure you've looked into this but just asking..

No. If you get a ROW-version ("rest of world") it stays uncut no matter where you play, activate, or download it from. Check the TWI posts in censorship threads for the official confirmation, it'll be in there somewhere.

You can't easily get a ROW-version if you're in Germany however, you'll need to have someone outside Germany buy it and gift it to you.

Anyone who's ordered and is uncertain exactly which version they have should check their receipt email, it'll say something akin to Red Orchestra 2 - Digital Deluxe Edition (ROW preorder), where the german cut edition will have DE rather than ROW, etc. Don't know how you'd check that for a gift version, sorry.

Upvote 0
ok so i don't totally know the score here but is it not the case that when you install the game and steam takes care of it, you will revert to the german cut version because that is your location?
I'm sure you've looked into this but just asking..

Yeah there was a very very long thread about this and the last word was that the key is important now, not your location.

With RO1 the thing you said was true. But now they said that the key (UK in my case) will give me uncut version.

Also guys, if you can't play with fraps on, try just spectating and filming, to get some good 3rd person footage :p

Upvote 0
Not sure if anyone would actually want the Youtube community coming to RO2, it consists of COD kiddies, immature people and although there might be some decent people in the shadows, you really only have to read the comments of Youtube videos to realise why it wouldn't be great to have them.

QFT! Plus, I wonder if TWI cares to have such videos spread all over youtube ... as it's still some form of beta, they may wish to control what content does or doesn't leak out.

Upvote 0
QFT! Plus, I wonder if TWI cares to have such videos spread all over youtube ... as it's still some form of beta, they may wish to control what content does or doesn't leak out.

There is no NDA for the DDE Closed Beta, they are pretty giving us free reign to do and post whatever we want.

Not sure if anyone would actually want the Youtube community coming to RO2, it consists of COD kiddies, immature people and although there might be some decent people in the shadows, you really only have to read the comments of Youtube videos to realise why it wouldn't be great to have them.

Probably because your watching those CoD videos. I've posted videos of various games and I rarely see these kinds of comments unless its in one of my BC2 videos.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I run a justin/twitch.tv channel at www.justin.tv/sujieun www.twitch.tv/sujieun and have over 1400 followers. A lot of them have been waiting to see this game before ordering. Almost like free advertising =p.

If you guys got people who are iffy send them over when beta starts. I stream at 720p and 1080p so high quality at its best.

Partnership with one of the biggest multi gaming community too of 400k+ at www.freefrag.com

If anyone is also interested in partner streaming on my channel sometimes give me a shout. Everyone who is a RO2 fan is welcome to apply <3!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Sojua
Xfire: dietcocaine

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm going to be making many gifs, possibly videos as well if I can find a high-quality compression method so I don't have to spend hours uploading one video :V

By the way, if you want to record videos, but FRAPS hits your performance hard, check out Dxtory, it allows you to record to multiple hard drives to split up the performance hit caused by bottlenecking, as well as allowing you to record more. It also generally makes smaller files than FRAPS, and doesn't split them up like FRAPS does.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cpt-Praxius
Upvote 0
Anyone who's ordered and is uncertain exactly which version they have should check their receipt email, it'll say something akin to Red Orchestra 2 - Digital Deluxe Edition (ROW preorder), where the german cut edition will have DE rather than ROW, etc. Don't know how you'd check that for a gift version, sorry.

Iam from germany and got it gifted. To see which version:

Klick on your account name in the top right corner of the steam window. There should be able to take a look into your bought games/gifts you received.
MY version says: "ROW" :cool:

Upvote 0