• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please Whitelist the Classic Mutator and More Damage Mutators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bromley

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 12, 2017
Patch 1.3 has been a great success so far. There has been many quality-of-life updates and balancing changes that have made the game feel much more fresh! However, with patch 1.3's release, it un-whitelisted two mutator's that many community members have come to know as a staple of their RS2 experience: More Damage and Classic Mutator.

There have been multiple changes done to RS2 since release that have decreased the "lethality" of certain aspects of the game. These changes include:
- reduction of the area of effect of frag grenades
- reduction in the damage of many different caliber weapons, including 5.56 and 7.62x39, the two intermediate cartridges for M16 and AK

The above changes, and more, have made the game less of a hardcore experience. I can speak for many players when we say we like the more challenging, realistic experience that comes without these sort of changes. Multiple servers and communities have been running the More Damage and Classic Mutators for some time, and the players of these servers have come to know these mutators as core to their RS2 experience. With their de-whitelisting with 1.3 servers are not able to stay full. A LOT of people care about XP in RS2, even level 99's, and ranking has a material impact on what server they chose to play. Without whitelisting, the More Damage and Classic Mutator mods are dead and have no future. Some of the players that have come to play on these servers have even said they won't play the game without More Damage as they are used to this type of gameplay.

I know I speak for a lot of people when I say that we would greatly appreciate if the More Damage and Classic Mutator mod's were whitelisted. Please consider whitelisting these mutators.

Reactions: GorlamiG
I endorse this post, please Whitelist More Damage and Classic Mutator.

I can understand de-whitelisting running mutator via url variable as a general principle to defend against rogue mods such as MEGA server scripts, but honest mods should be reviewed and added to the whitelist as many servers with a loyal returning playerbase depend on some of those mods including my own.

Upvote 0
I support this whitelist as well, it doesn't much mess with stats or kill counts, it just feels better and less bullet soaky. You still kill people you would have killed otherwise, it just takes slightly less time, and it really fits the game better. There's a reason the servers that ran the mod so frequently were organically filled with players new and old, without realizing the mod was on. They liked it and didn't know why.

Upvote 0
Dear Tripwire,

I support this whitelisting too. If you want to make the game unrealistic to please the Overwatch / Apex / Whichever bullet spongy game is fashionable crowd, feel free to do so, but let people who have taste have their fun.

The only feedback I need from weapons is seeing opponents die. The more bullets needed to kill an opponent, the more you favour faster connections and computers, too.

Anything that should kill or incapacitate IRL should kill or incapacitate in the game. P E R I O D.

Anything else is unacceptable compromise to me, and I suspect to the immense majority of the fans of the franchise also.

Does the person who suggested nerfing weapons think we came here to play Halo ?

Please make limited endurance influencing precision, and consumed by unsupported leaning / shouldering as well as sprinting, and folded stocks unstable when shouldered, and self-shadows instead, AKA things that are actually needed.

I M M E R S I O N is what we came here for, don't ever forget it ;)

Have some pride in the path you originally set out to take.

Upvote 0
Tigershot843;n2331841 said:
+1, Not interested in returning to this game until I can play it the way it used to be played. Bullet sponge is no fun.

The way it used to be played was still bullet sponge. Things like the mosin and other large calibre weapons couldn't one hit kill people in all the places they can now. Only the upper chest. A patch made it so they can. But at the same time nerfed assault rifles to compensate (otherwise they'd one hit everything too).

Classic turns the whole hole body into a 1 hit kill zone for all full sized and intermediate rounds. In my opinion making large calibre weapons useless.

But I still support classic become whitelisted.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.