• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please remove that Sprint Zoom thing, tripwire

No, but I don't see why that would help the zoom thing. (+ i want motion blur)

I know in the beta by ticking off the "zoom sprint key" in game options, it would disable it.

Now I want to die cos it seems like you can't turn it off.

I think it's to replicate the tunnel vision you get when sprinting

yea I know but I think it's just horrible.. and done really badly.. and what's with all the Unreal games that have this crap >_<

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When you say spring zoom thing, what do you mean? Do you mean the "zoom when stationary and press sprint" thing, or the "sprint and the fov goes a bit weird"?

Because an option exists to disable the first (though I can't see why anyone would want to). And if you mean the second (which I find highly annoying myself), you can kind of fix that by setting the fov higher. But that does of course mean playing everything at a higher fov.. which some people dislike.

Upvote 0
When I saw the topic, I knew that there would be someone saying you can always disable it, and so there was.

The problem with disabling it is that you will be at a disadvatance compared to those who do use it. It is like saying that a solution to the MKB-42 is to not use it.

So are you saying that when you don't want to use a feature and feel that said feature provides an advantage for people who do choose to use it, then the answer is "Screw those other guys, make them play my way"?

I may be wrong, but that's what I get from your post here.

Upvote 0
The problem isn't using the feature or not but having the same key for zooming and sprinting. When you tick on the "disable zoom sprint key" you can't bind another key directly in the menu to keep the zoom... You have to manualy edit ROInput.ini and edit ExclusiveFocus binding under [ROGame.ROPlayerInput] section, not really practical for most players.

Upvote 0
When you sprint the FOV goes a bit weird that's what he doesn't like. Crikey

Yes.

.. you can kind of fix that by setting the fov higher.
It seems now after the beta you can't even do this anymore. The max FOV is 75. I don't think changing the setting in ROEngine.ini does a thing. (gonna try now)

+ this is not the way to go.

And yes, the binding thing is bloody lame. Someone just told me "hold breath" is bound to the letter H, when you use "disable sprint, key zoom".

It's not even in the controls.

Upvote 0
I hope they re-implement the higheer FOV amounts, just so the fov doesn';t change when sprinting, highly annoying for me.

And for the sprint zoom, I have it disabled after an hour in beta and ever since, it does get disabled. My only question is, does it give an additional zoom over IS zoom, or is it the same zoom bit out of the iron sights?

Upvote 0
He is NOT referring to "Sprint while zoomed" key...whatever crap...

He is referring to the Zoom OUT when sprinting. It only happens on low FOV as mentioned before, and it really sucks, because anytime I run, I get a major "hitch" in performance because of the extra rendering that takes place when zooming out. But that could be fixed with performance optimization...another thread on its own.

But yes, I agree, get rid of (or give an option to get rid of) the "Zoom Out" effect while sprinting....PLEASE

Upvote 0