• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please Please Please tone down the VOICE chatter

SingeDebile

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2006
I know there is the option of making your character speak less... but having tried all three options my guy still decided to announce to the enemy that I thought he was close by (that was both on minimal, and critical only settings)...

This is ridiculous... when I am angry at what my character decides to randomly spout out... it really disconnects and breaks the immersiveness the gameplay lends itself to, not to mention BROADCASTING MY PRESENCE TO THE ENEMY!

...and to take away from the constant barrage of nonsense that is often said it would be nice to have the default be something involving allot less speaking, if a teammate decides he is the kind of person that has to say everything on his mind then he can take the initiative to raise the quantity of it

I would really like to enjoy all the time and effort that went into these voices, but things like "conserve your fuel" after having driven about 15 seconds while being stopped for another 30... is really tiring (given its not a rare thing but something your likely to hear once every minute or so)

...im sure there was allot of yelling on the battlefield but there was also times of deafening silence.... which really really add to the tension (this second side is all but nonexistent in the game right now.. .and did infact exist in ROOST)

, to lower the frequency, and or change the default setting would do allot for the game, while taking very little time to implement

Last edited: