• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please Fix the Reload System

I also have to agree that autoreload is the real issue here. It isn't the fact that I can't break the reloading animation so much as the fact that I'm FORCED into the unbreakable reloading animation if I try to fire after I run out of ammo. I'd rather be forced to press R to reload and have the option to simply switch to a new weapon when I run out of ammo on my current weapon.

Upvote 0
I also have to agree that autoreload is the real issue here. It isn't the fact that I can't break the reloading animation so much as the fact that I'm FORCED into the unbreakable reloading animation if I try to fire after I run out of ammo. I'd rather be forced to press R to reload and have the option to simply switch to a new weapon when I run out of ammo on my current weapon.

That would be a good solution.
I hope, if Tripwire wants to change something, they will do it this way.

Upvote 0
i think the only thing "dumb" about the current NONautoreload which requires you to click to initiate reloading, is the people who cant keep track of ammo either mentaly or by glancing at the quite clear HUD.

dont change it to pander to the lazy. if it aint broke dont fix it.
i guess you are so leet you never used the bullpup in semi mode, dual deagles or 9mm after wave 6...

Upvote 0
actualy i tend to use single handcanon and crossbow for the most part, meaning i have to deal with "autoreload" far more than you. yet i dont seem to have much trouble because i can count to 8 AND HIGHER!! So far when i havnt been using this setup with sharpshooter i use support perk and the hunting SG, meaning i use the only 2 weapons that ACTUALY have auto reload.

every time i pick up a bullpup i switch it to semi as its like a giant pistol that way, and i prefer to judge a situation, do what damage i can then reposition to either reload or get the last few rounds off in safety.

so no, im not uber leet though i consider myself a good player and frequently lead by over 100 kills on public servers, i also have bad sessions where i **** up and et killed while reloading, i simply take these experiences and learn from them instead of asking to have the game changed to suit my playing style.

Upvote 0
congrats, you still play on normal. i do and can not, since its far to easy.

even on normal after wave 5 you do not get the privilege of placing your shots, due to the spawns being almost everywhere.
and if you take the general amount of noobs into consideration, with them diyng at wave 2 and not providing any cover to your back, so that you have to constantly do 180 spins and fullauto half the clip in a bunch of stalkers and crawlers, you are completely unable to keep track of what little ammo you have left.

sure, if you get a leet team together each game, who do not die in a situation of five of em against a fp, you dont have to care about reload. but its either that, or just fix the bloody reload system, so not retarded players have one less thing to worry about.

and btw on normal i lead 100-150 to a good player, and around 300 to the rest. on hard it gets to 500 by wave seven, and then we all ****ing die, since i cant kill fps and the rest of the creeps.(full 6 player server)[did all the maps except for manor alone and together with a friend on hard]{necessary penis comparison is so necessary}

Last edited:
Upvote 0
/disagree. The weapons usually don't reload unless you specifically do so (eg. press R or click LMB). Switch BEFORE reloading.

I suggest TWI adds a feature "manual reloading", where the ONLY way to reload is by pressing R.

It's not a big deal and it makes you think and be careful with your shots. It's an important skill to learn if you intend to do hard or suicidal difficulty.

Upvote 0
a lot of use prefer the scroll wheel. Im not a fan of hitting number keys to change guns when i can flick the mouse wheel

If you have something against speed and precision, then sure, i guess you can do it with the mouse-wheel.

I'd rather jump directly to the weapon I want instead of taking a scenic tour of all my weapons on the way to the one I want.

Upvote 0
Although there has been a lot said here.

But the only thing i agree upon is the auto-reload. Make an option for manual reload only, everything is solved.

I mean, cutting the animation means throwing away your weapons (as mentioned before) and thats the last thing i want when my alternative weapon also runs out of ammo.
Also with high capacity weapons (bullpup), its nice to have manual reload since i am not playing with weapon hud (realism ftw) and i am not counting to 40 surrounded by stinking zombies.

Upvote 0
I registered just to say I don't think there is any issue with this. It seems people complaining of autoreload don't realize that if they don't click fire with zero bullets, the gun will never reload.

As for the breaking animation suggestion, I don't think that should be implemented. Skill and strategy are more fun than noob-friendly button mashing mechanics.

Upvote 0
If you dont like this reload system then make sure to never play RO or bother to read all the whining complaints about its reload system (which is the same). If you compulsively reload then just stop, this isnt counterstrike, you loose ammo when you reload. Choosing when to reload should force you to think, I know it's hard for some people to think, but seriously now, you arent THAT lazy. Also, it adds tension to the game by forcing players to actually make good decisions as opposed to just spamming R like 12 yearold CS players.

Upvote 0