• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please Fix the Reload System

I should be able to change weapon during a reload.

It's such a pain in the ***.

So many times I want to use a different weapon when I'm pinned and out of ammo, but I can't because the reload animation is going.

Please fix this ****.

Also fix the Weapon Selection System on top of this. It's stupid, I've never had this much trouble changing Weapons.

Upvote 0
hmm... i never had much trouble with selecting weapons actually... the only minor problem would be using the wielder... have to 5 and 5 again...

but yeah i do agree about the change weapon while reloading thing... it would be ncie if it cancels the reloading and change to another weapon just to fight off something... then u hide and reload agan when u're safe...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont have an issue with weapon switching. Just use the number keys, doesn't really take much to memorise whats what. 1 melee, 2 pistol, 3 standard weapon, 4 special wep, 5 equipment. Pretty simple to me..

And the reloading aspect I feel is actually more of a strategic element than anything. Although its annoying when you cant switch it also means that you should try reload in areas where its safe. Or with weapons like the rifle/shotgun load 1 shot then fire it, 1 shot then fire etc etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
u can always change how you select a weapon, too, can't you?
I'm used to the Counter-Strike game, so I would be used to 1-Primary, 2-Secondary, 3-Melee, 4-Nades (you can actually take out and throw), 5-C4 (if your a T)
But I'm getting used to the weapon selection, because for awhile (maybe at least 5 days) before KF came out, I was playing UT 2004, so that helped me some.

But, yeah, go into the settings and change what you need, just remember what you changed, and what you changed it TO. If that makes sense.

Upvote 0
Agreed with every post in this thread (minus the swearing).
Don't worry dearie, I don't think the big invisible man in the sky is going to throw meteors on us if people say **** a few times.
I can never select the weapon I want. I play a bajillion FPS's and the control scheme for this one is just "Sigh", basically. The Mod had it better.
The problem is, they go for this pseudo realism thing, so you have to wait for every animation to be done before letting you do anything else, and it makes the game feel really sluggish.

Upvote 0
If I have one gameplay beef with the game it's this inability to change weapons in mid reload. It's probably gotten me killed or contributed to my death many times by now.

When zombies start swarming up on you, the last thing you need is to waste time mashing buttons for your shot gun while watching your avatar slowly reload your dual pistols...

Upvote 0
Why did you chose to reload them then?:confused:

Either way, you can still drop them, I think. Haven't tried this as I never had the need to.
Um well I was out of ammo, and typically the first thing you do is hit reload when you're out. In one particular example I remember, I started to reload then immediately got swamped by a ton of gorefasts around the corner. I had a fully loaded shotgun ready, but I had to wait for the animation to finish and by that point my health had disappeared -- we all know how fast that can happen.

It's not rocket science to see how this is a problem. In real life, if you are reloading your guns then you get swarmed by an enemy of any kind, you would never just keep reloading while that enemy attacks you. You'd put down the guns, or pick up another gun to defend yourself.

I have confidence the TW guys will fix this issue.

Upvote 0
In real life, if you are reloading your guns then you get swarmed by an enemy of any kind, you would never just keep reloading while that enemy attacks you. You'd put down the guns, or pick up another gun to defend yourself.
Or try to smack them round the head with the butt.But then i suppose that would be too like L4D for some of you.ignoring the fact you can club people to death in RO.

Upvote 0
This isn't broken!

To me it adds to the SURVIVAL part of Survival Horror...when it happens all you can do is back up and prey there aren't any specimen behind you as you reload/change weapon...

It's especially neat when ZED time kicks and this happens....it's almost as if you feel like life itself is SLOWING DOWNNNNNN

"OH NO!" as you panic and hope you live through the experience

Alot of people complain about ZED time...I hope it's none of those same people complaining about the reload system...

IMO alot of people want to change the game and it's perfect as it is....bugs can be bugs and they're minor if they occur but the whole game system is perfect

Upvote 0