• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Plea to server owners. (bots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for you Ducky...

Another point of contention; A bot gets gone with every new human player that joins. They seem to ignore that fact too. Oh well such is life. :)

It's not getting through is it? 64 player server with 64 bots, 10 people join, 10 bots leave. There are still 54 damn bots in the server.

Not rocket science is it?

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
It's not getting through is it? 64 player server with 64 bots, 10 people join, 10 bots leave. There are still 54 damn bots in the server.

I understand this isn't directed at me, and I hope I'm not taking you out of context, but one more feature of the mutator I'm going on and on about is the ability for the server admin to determine the amount of human players that automatically remove the bots.

For instance, on one of the servers I admin, there are ten bots with the botdetonator set at a four player threshold. So for a lone person, that player gets a game of 5v5. As soon as four human players enter the server, the bots are automatically removed from the server entirely. No vote, no webadmin, no map change, just right there on the fly.

If you haven't had the opportunity to check it out, just go into this server: 68.232.162.205:7777 It's the Countdown server I admin. If you want to vote kick the bots, open console, type: mutate kickbots. Even if you're the only person in the server, it still works. (And can cause some very easy wins in Countdown. ;) ) If you'd like to see how the threshold limit works, let me know when you go in and I'll have other people there in a jiffy. Just add MowSkwoz.

Upvote 0
I hear an equal number of people complaining that the bots hack and how frustrating it is because they get headshot by one they don't see.....

==================

That's because the bots are poorly coded and react instantly and accurately if you're inside their 'vision cone'. The bots are bloody stupid in every sense of the word and a literal infant wouldn't have problems playing against them, if anyone considers them a challenge well... I don't know what to say.

Reactions: TrOOper
Upvote 0
That's because the bots are poorly coded and react instantly and accurately if you're inside their 'vision cone'. The bots are bloody stupid in every sense of the word and a literal infant wouldn't have problems playing against them, if anyone considers them a challenge well... I don't know what to say.

Yeah, there is not even the tiniest bit of interest or challenge to be found in fighting against bots if you're a skilled and/or experienced player of RO/RO2. They don't emulate humans in any meaningful way. If you've got any actual capability or awareness and value the things that the games do best, they're just silly. Fighting against bots isn't even playing the same game... as someone said (it may have been you), it might well warrant an entirely separate game mode.

Playing with bots is like playing a game of baseball where several of the players are just driving around the field in circles on Segways, drooling. I guess you could call it baseball, but it's not exactly the same thing as a proper game with competent players.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like what I hear about Ducky's enhancement to the botdetonator mutator that will make the bots count for no or low XP. I reckon if that was around in the early days we probably would not have had the bot farming problems and the ranking level up system would have had some credibility.

At the moment I am happy enough with my Aussie / NZ server that is empty 75% of the time as the 25% of the time when it is full it is at or around its 58 player capacity on account of server marketing, not bots. Oh we also have boobs on the welcome page from time to time and occasionally play a game call 'who's celebrity boobs are they' on the welcome page.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LOL!!

I actually tried to edit the post to read " pretty much the entire community " but the forum had a moment and decided my post was too short so, being rather busy at work I decided to leave it :rolleyes:

Split hairs if it makes you feel better, but the vast majority of this tiny community hates servers full of bots :eek::rolleyes:

It's not splitting hairs.... you either have none, very few, half, most or entire.... you decided to use Entire as some absolute fact without any sources to back up your claims and to make your argument sound more serious than it ready is.

Either way, even Vast Majority is an exaggeration & misrepresentation of the facts unless you can back up such a claim with evidence.

I'm speaking for myself this entire time and what I enjoy/like.... I've also pointed out what many of the server admins in this thread and elsewhere in the forums have stated in regards to why they keep bots on their server.

One case in point:

Fine,

Here is a VERY high performance server in the United States.
We've changed the name to "MINIMAL bots" and the minimum players to 8.
This means 4 bots per team and none once 8 players join.

We'll see how the server does. :)

[url]http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/71.82.77.55:7783/[/URL]

Well those were the 2 worst days of our servers life. I'm bringing the bot count back up.

Upvote 0
I understand this isn't directed at me, and I hope I'm not taking you out of context, but one more feature of the mutator I'm going on and on about is the ability for the server admin to determine the amount of human players that automatically remove the bots.

For instance, on one of the servers I admin, there are ten bots with the botdetonator set at a four player threshold. So for a lone person, that player gets a game of 5v5. As soon as four human players enter the server, the bots are automatically removed from the server entirely. No vote, no webadmin, no map change, just right there on the fly.

If you haven't had the opportunity to check it out, just go into this server: 68.232.162.205:7777 It's the Countdown server I admin. If you want to vote kick the bots, open console, type: mutate kickbots. Even if you're the only person in the server, it still works. (And can cause some very easy wins in Countdown. ;) ) If you'd like to see how the threshold limit works, let me know when you go in and I'll have other people there in a jiffy. Just add MowSkwoz.

Not at all, I think the mutator is great, but it needs to be widely adopted to be of any benefit :)

Upvote 0
It's not splitting hairs.... you either have none, very few, half, most or entire.... you decided to use Entire as some absolute fact without any sources to back up your claims and to make your argument sound more serious than it ready is.

Either way, even Vast Majority is an exaggeration & misrepresentation of the facts unless you can back up such a claim with evidence.

I'm speaking for myself this entire time and what I enjoy/like.... I've also pointed out what many of the server admins in this thread and elsewhere in the forums have stated in regards to why they keep bots on their server.

Yes, I can see any kind of conversation with you is a complete waste of time, ignore list I think :)

BTW, yes it is splitting hairs. I explained what I meant ( no idea why I wasted my time ) and you're still going on and on :rolleyes:

I don't care what you personally like in your gaming, that only affects you ( thank the stars ) but I do care about bots that piss large portions of the community off for no good reason.

There are community members trying their best like Ducky with the bot mutator and I am very grateful for his efforts, but until the mutator is widely adopted it isn't having much of an impact, hence this thread and others like it.

Upvote 0
Let us have a look at records from Gametracker.

Plenty of data on that site about the servers people speak of here.

Also I don't think Gametracker records bots in their stats.
I cant vouch for their accuracy but i know my server has peaked higher than represented below, but as a rough guide it seems valid as far as I can tell.

So my server Aussie / NZ
server_players.php

The very popular server [2.FJg] Tactical Realism #1
server_players.php

RNG 64 server
server_players.php

RNG 24 players
server_players.php

Mike really ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In the steam browser, right click on the server in question, select view server info. The box that appears will give you a list of ONLY the actual players and the number given at the top will be the number of real players in the game.

Yeah let's just view the info of 400 servers one at a time when bots never used to show in the total player list until recently

Upvote 0

Then play on another damn server if you don't like it.... speaking of rocket science. :rolleyes:

Yes, I can see any kind of conversation with you is a complete waste of time

Apparently so, since you just can't see beyond your own narrow view that things should be your way and no other way.

BTW, yes it is splitting hairs. I explained what I meant ( no idea why I wasted my time ) and you're still going on and on :rolleyes:

Because you should have either re-worded yourself from the start, or should have corrected yourself before you were called out on your blunder.

The only time you corrected yourself was when someone pointed out your flawed argument, in what appears to have been an attempt to see if such a claim of "The Entire Community" would slip by unnoticed and thus, make others unaware of the real details of the situation think you knew what you were talking about.... which you don't.

And now you continue to try and deflect and trivialize the matter by saying I'm splitting hairs.

Let's figure something out here shall we?

This thread was created in the hops that server admins would either remove bots from their servers or greatly reduce the number of bots on the servers based on one person's personal observations.

When those personal observations were picked apart & refuted by other members of the community, including server admins who've directly seen what happens to their servers when they have bots and when they don't have bots.... you come along and make a crap-arsed claim that the entire community hates bots and never wanted them in the first place.

Which was again proven wrong and refuted.

So rather than giving up on the matter and accepting what's really going on and why these admins keep bots on their servers, you now try and deflect by trivializing your own blundering claim and some how make it my fault.

Me thinks not.

The reality is that there is a very good % of the community that do like having bots and their reasons have been explained very clearly and in depth..... so if you don't like servers with bots, go play on servers that don't have them.

If you're stuck all alone by yourself or with a handful of players while everybody else remains on servers with bots because they like them for whatever reason.... that's just too damn bad for you.

Get over it.

I don't care what you personally like in your gaming, that only affects you ( thank the stars )

And I couldn't give two shakes of a whale's testicle what you like in your gaming..... see how that works?

but I do care about bots that piss large portions of the community off for no good reason.

Again.... WHAT LARGE PORTION OF THE COMMUNITY?

You keep making these baseless claims that it's the greater majority, or the entire community that is ticked off by bots, yet even just by looking in this thread alone, it seems you're a part of the minority, not the majority.

And that so-called "Large Portion" of the community is, by your own words, "Pissed off for no good reason"..... um.... then doesn't that cancel out your entire argument altogether if they're just "Pissed off" for the sake of it and with no good reason?

Thanks for proving my point. :rolleyes: They're just "Pissed off" for the sake of being "Pissed off" and bots just seem to be the excuse.

Or did you mean something else again?

There are community members trying their best like Ducky with the bot mutator and I am very grateful for his efforts, but until the mutator is widely adopted it isn't having much of an impact, hence this thread and others like it.

Good for him and good for other admins using it..... so rather than shoving this whole "This is the way it should be because I said so" attitude, why don't you just give it up and play on their servers?

Again.... Rocket Science.

Fuel is ignited in a long cylindrical tube with aerodynamic wings, which propel that cylinder into the air.

It's not complicated, figure it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrOOper
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.