• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Playing with friends / name tags

jackDanielz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 14, 2011
I have tried playing this game together with friends multiple times, trying to help/guide them through those first few painful hours of not seeing enemies and getting killed from unknown spots, but each time the main hinderance was finding each other...

I would have expected to at least see my squad's name tags on the tactical display. It's a ridiculously simple thing and if there are concerns about the annoyance of name tags, there could just be a few options for how name tags are displayed. As it stands right now playing together is a pain in the ***.

'I'm the guy with the MG on his back'

'I'm the one with the... uhm... rifle'

Badum-tss.

Last edited:

=GG= Mr Moe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
Yeah, most likely a server setting. In some cases you can only see names for a short distance, and others you see them all the way across the map. Personally the last is extremely annoying :D

Jpz38 Hetzer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 21, 2013
Mabey they should try action mode for the first few rounds, it has a less sharp learning curb

greenlemonade

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 20, 2010
Play in Action Mode and tell them to click "Join a Squad". You be the Squad Leader so they can all spawn on you. If they want to find you, have them hold "T" for the tactical view or press "M" and look for the white star on their map. Mainly just try and stay alive and unsuppressed whenever one of your friends needs to respawn. :)