• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Players can't select perks

Nubbers

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 27, 2009
AZ, USA
I have a dedicated server up and running. However I am currently in the process of testing the use of various commands and changes via WebAdmin. One thing that keeps occurring is an error where players are unable to select a perk. They don't get th "An unknown steam error prevented this" message. Just an inability to select one.

There are two instances where this happens:

1. A new player joins, and the server spits out the message, "This server does not allow late joiners.". Yet they can join, but without a perk.

I checked to ensure that the line bNoLateJoiners=False appeared in my .ini file, which it does.

2. When the next map loads after I have made mid-game changes to settings such as length or difficulty, players cannot select a perk but can still play the game. Furthermore, this also prevents me from accessing my own server in-game unless I came in from the previous game.

So far, all I can do when changes must be made is restart the server to enact those changes. I'm a bit frustrated...

-: [DN] Nubbers :-

Last edited:
What I found on my own server is that any changes made via the console that change game play automatically break stats and perks until you restart the server. I think this was part of the fix for admin cheats that were still allowing perks to level. The only way I found to make server changes that does not break anything is to use the web admin interface and avoiding using console commands, then have the changes applied at the next map or using the restart map link within web admin. Any changes made while a map was in progress broke perks.

Upvote 0
Ah, ok. Thanks for that.

Having received a timely response, I wanted to see if you could identify the root of another problem I experienced last night:

A full server completed WestLondon. They then loaded up the next map. However it appears they were all designated spectators, as the next map instantly stated that the squad had been wiped out, and began cycling maps.

Obviously, when a map has only spectators, the map can't get started, as nobody can join until somebody else enters and initiates the map. Why? Is there a way to eliminate that bug?

Finally, for admin users who might not have access to WebAdmin, is there a command line for resetting the server?

Thanks much!

-: [DN] Nubbers :-

Upvote 0