• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] Players can't find Server on Browser?

My son just verified his files this morning as was suggested and performed his first time setup. He went into the Server Browser to find my Server and could not see it. It is there for myself and most of my friends, yet I have also heard from others that they cannot see it either?

I checked all his settings and they look fine, the same with his Browser settings. Yet when I checked on his system I could only see 41 servers?
I got him to connect via the Steam Favourites and he could do so, but the odd thing was that when he joined it said my server was running 'Realism' when I have got it set on 'Action'?

I am just about ready to delete his 'Local Content' and re-install the game entirely, but thought that I may find a solution here. Does anyone know what may be causing this? I have heard from some of my friends that this is occuring to them as well.:confused:

With mine and many others it is showing fine on the server browser and with us we get around 200 servers (Ranked) showing.

Another thing: Even when he adds the Server to Favourites in the Game Browser and restarts the game it does not show up.

Last edited:
Yet when I checked on his system I could only see 41 servers?
Since yesterday, I have the same problem....only about 40 servers showing up in the Ranked section, and my favourite 64player-servers are nowhere to be seen.
In fact, not a single 64player server was at the top of the list (sorted by player#), where normally there should be at least 10...most crowded one was a 60player server.
The server-browser said there were over 1700 players online, so that shouldn't be the issue here.

When I started Steam yesterday evening, I noticed it downloaded a small update for ROHOS, but when I checked, it said it was 0 Kb.
Yet upon starting RO, it performed a kind of 1st-time setup (took roughly 30secs), and then I had to go through all my settings (incl. controls) again.
Odd thing is, that my firewall didn't give me a warning, so it looks like ROgame.exe hasn't changed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is certainly strange and I concur with the issue regarding the first time set-up. I also had to do this both times after validating the local game cache files in my son's system and yes I also had to reconfigure his options each time too.

I am just talking to a friend in the US at the moment who is having the same issue. I purchased the game for him as a gift about 2 weeks ago and he has just done the "Verify Local Game Cache" and found that there were 2 files that failed to be verified. After they were uploaded to him he went thought the "First time set up" again and went in to play.

He has just reported the same result with the ingame server browser, only 40 servers showing.:(

It's strange that this is just happening randomly. My ROHOS is working fine with no issues whatsoever?:confused:

Upvote 0
Hi i have been playeing RO2 since launch, 100hours +
applied the new update, fantastic works far better now good job TWI.

had to reinstall windows and redownloaded RO2 last night, now i see 2000 players online 40 servers yeah right !

i can gain access to the most populated servers via steam but not through RO2 server browser

validated cache, needs three files 250kb 2008 vis studio punkbuster stuff everytime i validate same problem. do not know if its related

Upvote 0
Same problem for me in Seven 64bits.
After the patch I was able to play on my old servers for a couple of days, but as the ingame stuttering was still on (probably due to punkbuster B :mad: ) I deleted the pb folder in ro2\binaries\win32\ - as this was working fine to solve this shi... stuttering before patch - but after redownloading the missing files + some additional ones, amoung them MSchart not wanting to install/update itself, now I'm stuck with this same problem : all my old european servers are not listed anymore (40-1 british, PGG german, and some french servers) and I'm stuck with these 40hish servers with some of then reaching the 400ping :eek::eek::eek: And +1400/2000 people showing online - but nowhere on my servers list, 100 max if I count them roughly. I see quebec servers and lots of others that I never saw before :mad:

I reinstalled the game through steam 3 times now during the last 2 days and still stuck with this crap.

I patiently waited for this last patch thinking it should be interesting but what a disappointment : very few good things like the choice of the weapon level :cool: ...still lots of maps bugs not solved, punkcrap still making the game stuttering randomly, avatar still getting stopped by sticky door frames or very small items on maps ( like 10/20cms high things on the ground :rolleyes:), one new map only (isn't 1 a bit too much ?? :().
And now this...

I'm a big fan of ww2 games and always willing to help small dev teams - preordered RO2 Deluxe version and having +500 hours of game - but now I think my patience has reached it's limits and I'm going to slowly switch to some less buggy games !!!...

Upvote 0
<a href="http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=79678" target="_blank">http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=79678

This I do not regard as an Major Issue Major Day. I can still see the Servers on my system, if you actually read the reply I said I regarded it as a minor inconvenience. Ha!;)

An Issue is something like what I have put in this thread where it directly affects players how are trying to find and play on servers.:cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This I do not regard as an Major Issue Major Day. I can still see the Servers on my system, if you actually read the reply I said I regarded it as a minor inconvenience. Ha!;)

An Issue is something like what I have put in this thread where it directly affects players how are trying to find and play on servers.:cool:

It is a major issue,because the more people that verify their cache (which is one of the first things to try when you got problems) the more people their will be looking for a fix because they can't see their fav servers, and only see 40 servers in total.So what may have been a minor issue for you(and me) is much more widespread than we thought it was,and will only get worse until an official fix is released.

Upvote 0