• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Player movement speed is..

Player movement speed is..

• Too fast

Votes: 89 31.4%
  • Perfect

Votes: 185 65.4%
  • Too slow

Votes: 9 3.2%

• Total voters
Gah! Another thread about this. Seriously guys--these aren't overweight couch potato soldiers. They could easily sprint 100 yards, I'm sure, gear and all.

My only problem is there is no jog toggle, as I'm sure they could jog for much longer distances.

I'm pretty sure you can call the standard standing movement a jog.

Upvote 0
I thought the movemet speed was a bit too fast before, but over the beta I came to think that it is fine.

Ever since the MKB's were handed out to everyone, I think it's a bit too fast again.

Bolt action rifles have no change against it at any range, since in case of a miss, the MKB42 has another 29 high damage, high penetration perfect accuracy rounds to shoot at you.

Upvote 0
The run speed is fine. The problem is that people can turn on a frikkin dime at top speed. and there is no "weight" to a person... allowing people to zigzag and get to topspeed and stop instantly.

This, combined with the fact that someone who just sprinted 200-300m can stop and aim their gun perfectly (without bowling over gasping for air as you see runners do in track races) is why people have problems with the run speed.

+1 with the aim their gun perfectly. The problem is not the speed of the sprint, that just ok. The problem is the capacity for aim after make sprint of 100 yardes. He can make an long sprint and after aim his gun without problem. No sense '_.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Simple poll. I'm curious to see what people think.

Personally i find the player movement speed too fast. This makes the gameplay very run&gun-ish and hectic, leaving little room for more teamplay coordinated tactical gameplay. It's become a fast spawn, die, spawn, die game.

I would welcome run and gun but at the moment....this is how the game actually plays.

"everyone runs to middle besides 10 people who camp their own first objective"

"first engagements happen. People running in and clearing rooms out. all good"

"Respawn kicks in"

1) Now you either run back in and get killed by invisibility
2) You either find a spot to keep your head low looking at places where the enemy will most likely be

"Spend the entire of the rest of the game take quick peeks around trying to figure out its safe. You think its safe. You run to the next building. BOOM. killed by something you could of never of seen because everyones keeping themself as hidden as possible so they arn't killed"

What am I trying to say? It's realistic. If your exposed theres a good chance you'll die. But it really doesn't look interesting. Everyones far too accurate that exposing your finger will result in your death.

Upvote 0