Player movement speed is..

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Player movement speed is..

• Too fast

Votes: 89 31.4%
  • Perfect

Votes: 185 65.4%
  • Too slow

Votes: 9 3.2%

• Total voters

Sir Roderick

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 19, 2011
Belgium, Limburg
Personally I'm thinking the actual speed is good, but the sprinting should be a bit more limited with the added penalty of having increased weapon sway when exhausted.

Sir Roderick

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 19, 2011
Belgium, Limburg
Gah! Another thread about this. Seriously guys--these aren't overweight couch potato soldiers. They could easily sprint 100 yards, I'm sure, gear and all.

My only problem is there is no jog toggle, as I'm sure they could jog for much longer distances.

I'm pretty sure you can call the standard standing movement a jog.

UsF

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 3, 2010
Munich, Germany
I think the movement speed is fine. The strafing speed is the problem. All I see is strafing people shooting at each other, which seems rather unrealistic.

DiedTrying

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 17, 2011
USA Prime Credit
I played with the MKB yesterday.

Dear sweet baby jesus I was running like the wind. I think the MG class speed is right. But when I switched to that class I was flying all over station; hills, railroad tracks, rubble on the floor...it didn't matter.

Maizel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 21, 2011
I thought the movemet speed was a bit too fast before, but over the beta I came to think that it is fine.

Ever since the MKB's were handed out to everyone, I think it's a bit too fast again.

Bolt action rifles have no change against it at any range, since in case of a miss, the MKB42 has another 29 high damage, high penetration perfect accuracy rounds to shoot at you.

UsF

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 3, 2010
Munich, Germany
Well then you never got into a close combat. Every rifleman or assault user I fight against strafes to reduce the chance of getting hit. Of course this doesn't happen on maps like fallen fighters. Try playing more barracks, it happens loads there, especially when two riflemen meet.

jofo25

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 1, 2011
I'd say the speed is ok, but how fast you can turn while sprinting is silly. Irl, you would loose balance and break an ankle.

Panzer Jager '43

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 15, 2010
Should read "player sprint speed" not "player movement speed" since player movespeed is fine, if not a little slower than RO1, while sprinting is really fast.

Josef Nader

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 31, 2011
Movement speed is fine, but I agree that there needs to be some momentum to changing direction and what not. You shouldn't be able to stop, make a 90 degree turn, and fire accurately in the same fluid motion.

Celonius

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 25, 2010
The run speed is fine. The problem is that people can turn on a frikkin dime at top speed. and there is no "weight" to a person... allowing people to zigzag and get to topspeed and stop instantly.

This, combined with the fact that someone who just sprinted 200-300m can stop and aim their gun perfectly (without bowling over gasping for air as you see runners do in track races) is why people have problems with the run speed.

+1 with the aim their gun perfectly. The problem is not the speed of the sprint, that just ok. The problem is the capacity for aim after make sprint of 100 yardes. He can make an long sprint and after aim his gun without problem. No sense '_.

Last edited:

Gaizokubanou

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 5, 2011
Movement speed is pretty much spot on, except for how easily your character navigates through hills and stairs but I understand some game engine limitations so yeah for the technology that is available to us this is pretty good abstraction of average male of average fitness between 18 and 30.

Inuki

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 11, 2011
Simple poll. I'm curious to see what people think.

Personally i find the player movement speed too fast. This makes the gameplay very run&gun-ish and hectic, leaving little room for more teamplay coordinated tactical gameplay. It's become a fast spawn, die, spawn, die game.

I would welcome run and gun but at the moment....this is how the game actually plays.

"everyone runs to middle besides 10 people who camp their own first objective"

"first engagements happen. People running in and clearing rooms out. all good"

"Respawn kicks in"

1) Now you either run back in and get killed by invisibility
2) You either find a spot to keep your head low looking at places where the enemy will most likely be

"Spend the entire of the rest of the game take quick peeks around trying to figure out its safe. You think its safe. You run to the next building. BOOM. killed by something you could of never of seen because everyones keeping themself as hidden as possible so they arn't killed"

What am I trying to say? It's realistic. If your exposed theres a good chance you'll die. But it really doesn't look interesting. Everyones far too accurate that exposing your finger will result in your death.

skullman86

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 7, 2011
I think it's a tad bit to fast, but I think the stamina for certain classes is a bigger issue than speed.

atomMan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 1, 2011
Movement speed is imho fine.

Currently overall felt Rambo play-style should have been avoided by making
better, and by better I mean LARGER maps.

If real Pavlov's house was facing constant German reinforcements
from only 50m distance I doubt it would have lasted much.