Player movement speed is..

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Player movement speed is..

• Too fast

Votes: 89 31.4%
  • Perfect

Votes: 185 65.4%
  • Too slow

Votes: 9 3.2%

• Total voters

zeep

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Simple poll. I'm curious to see what people think.

Personally i find the player movement speed too fast. This makes the gameplay very run&gun-ish and hectic, leaving little room for more teamplay coordinated tactical gameplay. It's become a fast spawn, die, spawn, die game.

Graphic

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 2, 2006
Nevada
The speed players run in the game is how fast physically fit people can run, sorry...

Maybe if it was a Texas Militia game I could see people running like they weighed 400 pounds, but this is a WW2 game.

Roztig死

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 25, 2009
California
IMO the movement speed is just fine, I don't see any run gun type action going on, maybe it's different on servers that are not 64 players. After all this is a realism game, soldiers are fit and fast.

Icey_Pain

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 8, 2011
While the player running speed feels a bit fast inside buildings due to the lack of speed decrease on stairs and the sudden loss of momentum when you try to turn, if I was sprinting full speed I wouldn't be able to navigate around corners and such without slowing down a bit, because that would just make me run into a wall.

It's pretty much spot on when it comes to realism, if I was a soldier I'd be able to run that fast, so why not put it in game. The way tactics were used in RO1 is of course good fun, but in real life soldiers would also just sprint in some situations.

Explorerbc

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 22, 2011
It feels ok to me. You probably get the impression it is slow when you cross large open spaces with snipers camping in the building in front of you, but it is normal.

Lanter

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 5, 2011
Perfect, though as mentioned above; if they implement taking corners and other maneuvers slowing you down, it will be even better.

Dr.Atkins

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 9, 2009
Generally the game pace is fast ergo the cod references in many topics.
However, i am not that sure if the running speed is that fast, but what caught my eye is that the running animation does not represent the actual speed. It seems like the running animation or something in it, is a bit misplaced making it seem wacky. Like the player is running in a clue or something. Though all this might be just that i haven't got used to it.

Icey_Pain

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 8, 2011
There were a sprint key in Ostfront as well.

Too bad it was super slow and your stamina was comparable to someone with zero conditioning. I can even run and sprint longer distances in real life.
Of course they might be hungry and cold, but you're a soldier fighting for his life in that game and not some couch potatoe.

skewp

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 13, 2011
Croatia
I find it amusing how people manage to find the most irrelevant stuff to nagg about. Running speed is fine, period.

DvD

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 12, 2011
I find it amusing how people manage to find the most irrelevant stuff to nagg about. Running speed is fine, period.

Running is fine, although the lack of speed decrease on stairs and the loss of momentum when you turn (it's like being weightless), as another poster mentioned, aren't irrelevant issues. Not game-breaking, but not a minor issue either, IMO.

Carfax

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 5, 2011
Its fine its balanced against the increased accuracy guns now have any slower and it would be a turkey shoot, stop finding silly things to complain about and enjoy the game.

Das Bose

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 8, 2009
Sunny Scarborough
Its fine its balanced against the increased accuracy guns now have any slower and it would be a turkey shoot, stop finding silly things to complain about and enjoy the game.

Increased sway would more than ofset the slight decrease in running speed people are talking about.

Praesumo

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2011
The run speed is fine. The problem is that people can turn on a frikkin dime at top speed. and there is no "weight" to a person... allowing people to zigzag and get to topspeed and stop instantly.

This, combined with the fact that someone who just sprinted 200-300m can stop and aim their gun perfectly (without bowling over gasping for air as you see runners do in track races) is why people have problems with the run speed.

Nipper

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 9, 2011
My interpretation of the players movement in RO2.

You are wearing lead boots, running on ice, your uniform is made of velcro and all objects in the game are made of velcro.
When faced with stairs or ladders to climb you exchange your lead boots for roller-skates.
When shot at you freeze like a bunny in headlights and start talking to yourself. :)

Forssen

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2010
Sweden
I think the speed is spot on but you aren't punished at all for sprinting. You can fire your gun almost immediately when letting go of shift and it takes the same time to bring up the iron-sights. The transition between sprint and jog should in my opinion either be longer or way more violent.

private_douglas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 30, 2011
www.heroesofstalingrad.com
Gah! Another thread about this. Seriously guys--these aren't overweight couch potato soldiers. They could easily sprint 100 yards, I'm sure, gear and all.

My only problem is there is no jog toggle, as I'm sure they could jog for much longer distances.