• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Play Order

Trouble2333

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 20, 2021
I’ve never played this series and I am a big stickler for playing games in chronological order if I can. I don’t have a very strong gaming laptop so do I need to play the first game to understand what’s going on in the second game? It takes place like a month after the first one right?

I need to play the first game to understand what’s going on in the second game?
Technically, yeah, but the plot is just a paper-thin excuse to shoot zombies, so it's only there as window dressing and basically doesn't matter.

I mean, the original maps in KF1 are as close as they get to being canon, with Transit chronologically being the last map before KF2. I have no idea how the Summer Sideshow maps fit in to the game's canon story, if they even do.

I guess Killing Floor: Calamity is an alternate retelling of KF1? Good luck actually getting ahold of a working copy of that stuff, though.

Not sure where Killing Floor: Incursion fits in. My guess is a side story to KF2 and I can't say any more without encroaching on spoiler territory. Good luck with that one, though, because it's VR.

Finally, KF2 is a direct sequel to KF1, so you can probably ignore the others, not that story really matters much in the grand scheme of things.

Upvote 0