• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Play on a 50 Player Server Today!!!

Free advertising

Free advertising

By viewing the links provided by Schneidzekk, every admin can add a link to their signature to go directly to their RO server by inserting their server ip address.

I see nothing wrong with this post as it is promoting 50 player capability and gamplay as provided by the spring patch.

My suggestion is to have Tripwire open a section up in these forums that is specifically for advertising individual game servers. Admins could post their logos, clans, events, screenshots, direct links to play on their servers, player limits, map rotations, mutators used and anything else they want to bring players to them. It would be the responsibility of the admins to update their post and be subject to the rules of these forums. It would also provide new players an opportunity to see more info on individual game servers and their community. This would be alot more information than just seeing a server name on the server browser in RO.

Upvote 0
I believe that the step to 50 player has re-invigorated the game and the community.
It has attracted a huge amount of new players via the Guest pass system.
Which in the end can only be a good thing not only the future of the game but also for Tripwires abillity to deliver another title.
These servers are just another choice for players to have when playing the game and nothing more than that...

I personally would like to see the mods on these forums institute a "Server of Week" in order to draw attention to the many excellent servers in the community that are run by some great and dedicated people.

This would allow those servers to be showcased and the clans, groups or Admins to get some quality exposure within the RO forums and community for their particular server.;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
By viewing the links provided by Schneidzekk, every admin can add a link to their signature to go directly to their RO server by inserting their server ip address.

I see nothing wrong with this post as it is promoting 50 player capability and gamplay as provided by the spring patch.

My suggestion is to have Tripwire open a section up in these forums that is specifically for advertising individual game servers. Admins could post their logos, clans, events, screenshots, direct links to play on their servers, player limits, map rotations, mutators used and anything else they want to bring players to them. It would be the responsibility of the admins to update their post and be subject to the rules of these forums. It would also provide new players an opportunity to see more info on individual game servers and their community. This would be alot more information than just seeing a server name on the server browser in RO.

Excellent idea,then every server advertised, would be on a equal footing,and it would give players the choice of a wider variety of servers,and not just the favoured few 50 player servers.:D

Upvote 0

I personally would like to see the mods on these forums institute a "Server of Week" in order to draw attention to the many excellent servers in the community that are run by some great and dedicated people.

This would allow those servers to be showcased and the clans, groups or Admins to get some quality exposure within the RO forums and community for their particular server.;)

2 awsome idea's that can boost "moral" as they say. Show case all and give "all" that fair shake.

Great idea's guys........

Upvote 0
Excellent idea,then every server advertised, would be on a equal footing,and it would give players the choice of a wider variety of servers,and not just the favoured few 50 player servers.:D

I was just talking about opening up a new board under Red Orchestra General with a title like "Game Servers and Communities." It would be like a "my space" place for game servers and communities to post. There would have to be limits set down by TWI as I'm sure some might make a whole page post for their server...lol. It would be first come first served as posts will be in posted chronological order (the only down side.) As I stated, I have no problems with TWI advertising the new features and gameplay of the 50 player servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We're not favoring any 50 player servers. As far as I know, these are the only 50 player servers in the community that we know for sure have the CPU/Bandwidth to properly handle 50 players. There are a few others, but they lag terribly because thier CPUs are overloaded. So we're promote 50 player RO, nothing more, nothing less. If anyone else has a 50 playey server with the power to properly handle it, we'll put that one up on the front page too :)

What the hell are you talking about? All those damn 50 player servers lag! Anything over 35 players lag! It may run good while its being packed, but no server can handle the load steadily.You might have noticed if you actually stayed and played on server for more then a few more hours. All those servers eventually lag the hell out when full. I'm not even going to get into the other noob friendly things you've poisoned into the 50 player servers.

I have supported Tripwire's game for long time and loved most other patches. I just don't like the direction RO/TW are going. RO is great is because it's a small community, less asshats and noobs and offers the most realistic MP. I think yall are selling out like EA! Stop it! What next? Crosshairs?

Upvote 0
It is not the server's fault when your machine can't handle the game.

When the server has the latest hardware, like the Tripwire and TWB servers do, there is no lag on the server.

The rest of your post is funny though.

P.S. Nobody forces you to play on a 50 slot server.

yup Machines fault! The lamest excuse for a game company and you know it! Im not talking FPS issues here! It's server lag! My machine is a problem? Gimme a break! You guys are turning into EA! What happened to my beloved TW? Once I loved you but now you're gone.

Upvote 0
Sorry guy for me it sounds like you wanted to start a flame war.

Please make your point more clear.

I personally have no problems with the latest patch and in my opinion the 50 players don't lag a bit (but I play on european servers). Feel free to start your own high-end server.

And if every sucessful gaming copy turns into an evil EA empire because profit corrupts has to be discussed elsewhere ...

And stop behaving like an EA costumer :p

Upvote 0
Im not an EA customer anymore. I just want to voice my displeasure of seeing how proud TW are in 50 man servers. It's completely false to post a "lag free" 50 man player! That's a complete lie!

I understand that some people enjoy the 50 man servers. I do also but not after playing for awhile and you get SERVER Lag! I've noticed this on all those servers.

Yeah I got a problem with game companies posting complete lies! It isn't my system either! We have all core players get this lag all at the same time. Your telling me every single one of them has a bad computer! Gimme a break! Lame excuse from game company!

I know yall are big fans of tripwire but don't let your unconditional love for them blind you from reality. What's love got to do with it?

Upvote 0
The hardware issuse was just the first blind guess of an annoyed dev.

Feel free to make a proper bug report. Lags can be caused by lots of reasons. Today I played several hours on the Wild Bunch 50 player server without any lags but I know I have very fast and good connection. I am sorry that it doesn't work for you but I kind of doubt its TWI fault because I don't see much complainments ...

Upvote 0
Every TWI server we have stuffed 50 people on with no lag. So no, the servers aren't at fault. Yes there are some servers out there that are overloading their limit.

I believe most if not all of the servers listed in this thread have been stress tested as well during the beta phase. If a particular server is peaking, inform it's admin. However I was just on one of our 50's and one of the RTR 44's with no lag. Both full.

If you have a good computer, it might be the connection. A high player count server uses a lot of bandwith. If that is getting slowed down anywhere, that will cause lag like problems.

Upvote 0
Im not an EA customer anymore. I just want to voice my displeasure of seeing how proud TW are in 50 man servers. It's completely false to post a "lag free" 50 man player! That's a complete lie!

I understand that some people enjoy the 50 man servers. I do also but not after playing for awhile and you get SERVER Lag! I've noticed this on all those servers.

Yeah I got a problem with game companies posting complete lies! It isn't my system either! We have all core players get this lag all at the same time. Your telling me every single one of them has a bad computer! Gimme a break! Lame excuse from game company!

I know yall are big fans of tripwire but don't let your unconditional love for them blind you from reality. What's love got to do with it?

I am sorry you feel you are getting server lag but it is a sad fact that most lag with regards online gaming is client related.

As a first step before blaming everyone else I would look into your game settings and take a good look at the tweak guide to ensure you are getting most out of your game and PC without overstretching it.

If your satisfied that your PC is not at fault then you need to check your own internet connections.
Do some traceroutes and ping testing to ensure that your connection is without a problem.

You can also bring up the RO game stats via the console as this will give you a more detailed picture of what your game is using resource wise on your PC.

Here is a list of some of the most frequently used console commands that you can use.
To bring up the console, press the tilde (~) or @ key.
Items in italics indicate input from you. Do not include the braces [ ] in the commands.

MEMSTAT - Displays Windows memory usage
STAT ALL - Shows all stats
STAT AUDIO - Shows audio stats
STAT FPS - Displays your frames per second
STAT GAME - Displays game stats
STAT HARDWARE - Shows hardware stats
STAT NET - Shows network game play stats
STAT NONE - Turns off all stats
STAT RENDER - Displays rendering statistics

Hope this helps and you succeed in tracking the problem down;)

Upvote 0
All those damn 50 player servers lag! Anything over 35 players lag!

Not true :) !

Just had a go on American and UK 50 player servers, pings from 90 to 180, no lag.
Slightly less FPS than before but thats only to be expected.

I also notice that some servers that were running on 50 have dropped back to 40/44 players, so things are settling down quite nicely thank-you!

Personally I like the player count at about 40/42 because all of the maps play well at that level, as far as I can tell.

Thanks...

Upvote 0

In your case did everyone's ping shoot through the roof? This would very well be a connection problem. It could also be a map optimization problem, as we saw in some of the beta testing. Everyone involved with beta testing saw some maps that had to be reworked to perform well for 50 players. I believe all of the maps on the advertised servers should be fine now. If you are playing on another server thats not listed in this thread it could very well be the server being over-taxed, but all players would feel the impact and complain about it, not just a few. And it could be your machine not being about to handle the additional renderings (players, explosions, etc). Try to back down some of your detail settings if you run into this problem and see if that helps. You may want to post more information about your issue in the bug section of this forum. Include as much information as you can like your system specs, server name or ip, map name and location, pings, how many players had an issue, etc. I'm sure there will be people there that can help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0