• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Plane Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plane will take off, end of story.

one cannot use a car on a threadmill as an example, because the car thrusts itself from the engine which spins the wheels. therefore the wheels are what makes the car go forward. einsteins therory would hold very true that for every action, ther is an oppositee reaction. In the case of cars yes.

The question at hand though specifically states the plane is equipped with fixed horizontal engines. AS everybody agrees here, assuming the wheels are freewheeling objects with 0 friction. what is their to stop the plane from moveing forward?.. the thrust is comeing from the Turbine engines, not from the wheels, Therefore, say the airplane wheel free spins at 300 RPM for an average take off, All the treadmill is doing is causeing the wheel to have more Revolutions for the takeoff.

One can use this simple example..

Get a treadmill, a piece of rope and a skateboard, the skateboard has freewheeling wheels. U can pull yourself forward no matter how fast the ****ing threadmill is going. WHY because your energy point pivots horizontally instead , (horizontal engines)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it wont fly, no lift, no flight, no forward motion, no lift, no lift, no fly. comprende?

edit: about the person who posted 3 posts above mine, it was also stated that the treadmill will increase its speed to match that of the plane, if there were however a situation with ZERO friction on the wheels then this could be a possibility

Upvote 0
the theory is that because the plane does not accelerate with its wheels they will roll freely allowing the plane to move forward, the problem with that, is that the treadmill is intelligent enough to increase its speed to match that of the airplane, so even if that works the treadmill just speeds up till the plane dosent move forward anymore.

Upvote 0
www.meignorant.com said:
A plane equipped with fixed horizontal engines and wheel landing gear is placed on a huge treadmill runway. The treadmill has a clever design and always matches the speed of the plane, but runs in the opposite direction. Will the plane take off and fly or not?

plane does 100mph.
the magic treadmill does match the speed of the plane mysteriusly and accurate with 100mph.

how fast do the weels need to rotate to make this possible?

from a distand observer the plane would move along the threadmil with 100mph, while the threadmil moves backwards with 100mph, if my statement would be true,

how much lift would the wings produce if there was no wind?

Upvote 0
einsteins therory would hold very true that for every action, ther is an oppositee reaction.

And which of Einstein's theories would that be?

His General or Special Theories of Talking Out of the Wrong End, which first appeared in 1905, published in "The Annual Proceedings of the Bern Institute for Being a Bit of a Pillock"?

Einstein, he says:rolleyes: Lord preserve us!

Upvote 0
at the basics hes right, every action produces a reaction.

but i doubt einstein discovered this, his theories base on commonly quoted general relativity as "everything is relative" but the less known special relativity states that more things arent relative as relative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_relativity said:
General relativity (GR) is the geometrical theory of gravitation published by Albert Einstein in 1915.[1][2] It unifies special relativity and Sir Isaac Newton's law of universal gravitation with the insight that gravitation is not due to a force but rather is a manifestation of curved space and time, with this curvature being produced by the mass-energy and momentum content of the spacetime. General relativity is distinguished from other metric theories of gravitation by its use of the Einstein field equations to relate spacetime content and spacetime curvature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_relativity said:
The special theory of relativity was proposed in 1905 by Albert Einstein in his article "On the Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies". Some three centuries earlier, Galileo's principle of relativity had stated that all uniform motion was relative, and that there was no absolute and well-defined state of rest; a person on the deck of a ship may be at rest in his opinion, but someone observing from the shore would say that he was moving. Einstein's theory combines Galilean relativity with the postulate that all observers will always measure the speed of light to be the same no matter what their state of uniform linear motion is.

i wouldnt say that i have understood these theories completely, but as it relates to the plane question, we would need to set up two observers , one in the plane and one outside. for them both would it be clear that the plane moves with 100mph. but if we place one observer in a car beside the plane, on a road, that also drives 100mph, the observer in the car would think its not moving. thus far to the relativity, or non relativity of the theorie.

hate me! - hehe

Upvote 0
you people are ****ing morons.

I get out of my sickbed in the first time in days and I see you ****stains still arguing your stupid fake physics.

Plane =! Car

Wheel =! Plane

x units of force on wheel =! x units of force on plane.

I'm too ****ing sick to talk about this garbage anymore.

Stupidity is defending what you do not know in the face of fact.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.