• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Piv - nerf please!!!!

Source and/or reason?

I do seem to get a disproportionate number of one-shot kills when I'm driving a PIV compared to when I'm driving a T34, but I wonder how much of that has to do with better sights than anything else?

Most of the time on Gumrak when the Soviets are getting their nuts kicked up all the way into the back of their teeth it's because they're just sitting on that first ridge by their spawn and not even trying to advance.

Reactions: Joseph-Porta
Upvote 0
you know the T34/39 is by no means any match for the panzer IVG (is the one in the game a G or an F2?) the L48 riped threw soviet armor when introduced. Remember the IVG is a 1942 tank while the T34/39 is a 41 tank. the Germans MADE IT TO COPE WITH THE T34. at least in terms of gun power. in terms of gun sights in the 42-43 timeframe some T34 tanks did not have gun sights, just Iron sights and a hole to look out of. thats how desprate the soviet econmey was. their sights sucked untill the 44 time frame.

Upvote 0
People just need to learn to use the T-34's one big advantage: it's speed. That and knowing where to shoot at on the P4 can give you an edge.

You don't stop and sit on top of that ridge on Gumrak, you charge down across the field into the cover of that first cap zone. Use the speed of the T-34 to get in on the flanks of the Panzers.

Upvote 0
technically panzer IV was a better tank ( performance ) than the T-34, but yea, T-34 user need to know where to aim first of all, then USE ITS SPEED! i got couple of time flanked and they killed me this way, as on panzer 4 ammo rack are not in turret, but on the tank side, shoot here, and get a critical hit you silly t-34 user lol

Upvote 0
This basically shows you where to aim on the Panzer IV

a8a6a8499825f5e40108a80.jpg

Upvote 0