• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pistols

3 shots necesary to incapacitate is not uncommon for Pistol-caliber weapons, HOWEVER it does seem to happen too often in RO2. I mean, if most FMJ Pistol rounds have an average 60% chance of incapacitating in one shot, we can look at the game and it's clearly much much more difficult to incapacitate players than it is in real life. Yes, needing more than 1 shot is not by any means an impossiblity, but it seems in-game that 90% of the time you need 3, and sometimes even 4.

Handgun lethality should probably go up a bit.
All the Handguns should have about the same lethality as the SMGs, as currently they seem vastly inferior - except the TT33 which is magically both super powerful and has a massive amount of recoil.

Last edited:
Reactions: u-s-e-r
Upvote 0
At 71m the accuracy with a pistol is crap, normally firing a round at the chest will result in a leg or arm hit. It took me 3 shots to kill at about 70m with a revolver, the next time I did it I took someone out at 100m with a heart shot. So basically I think it is fine and dandy.

Love me some long range pistol kills.

Upvote 0
Pistols are fine having a back up weapon is almost a must in today's games.Personally tho I like hardcore mode tho were few classes have pistols In RL only officers and mg's were issued pistols and the select few who could afford one of their own.

Besides a rifleman only needs his trusty bayonet as a backup weapon :p

Uhm who said anything about rifleman and relaxed mode??? This is not a thread about who gets pistols and who don't...

Reactions: TheRealGunther
Upvote 0
Uhm who said anything about rifleman and relaxed mode??? This is not a thread about who gets pistols and who don't...

Like I said pistols is fine but in close quarters the Bayo is more deadly for me pistols is too iffy and so uncivilized their more for automatic guys who can't reload during a fight and don't have a bayonet...so in a way it was on topic ...just my opinion

Upvote 0
Like I said pistols is fine but in close quarters the Bayo is more deadly for me pistols is too iffy and so uncivilized their more for automatic guys who can't reload during a fight and don't have a bayonet...so in a way it was on topic ...just my opinion

I'm an MG gunner, I don't have a bayonet..................
And I only play on hardcore mode.
But then again your post doesn't contribute to this thread

Upvote 0