• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pipe Bombs - Don't allow dead specimens to detonate them

Pipebombs are expensive in the beta. Once the updates are in the regular game, you won't see pipebomb carpets anymore. Each pipebomb will become a treasured asset to be spent in an emergency.

I remember in the beta my team spent a lot more effort protecting a pipe, as it was our last line of defense and they weren't cheap and disposable like they are now.

Upvote 0
i've also gotten really annoyed with this problem.....it will only happen if the body would have triggered the detonation anyway.

the worst are dying bloats, fleshpounds, scrakes, husks and sirens because they can all set off a pipe bomb on their own. a bloat will be approaching a bomb all by himself, you shoot and kill him, but his dead body still falls near the bomb and triggers the detonation. quite annoying to have pipes wasted like that :mad:

Reactions: BenioX
Upvote 0
Personally I like it being there, IMO it plays an intrinsic part to the balance of the Pipe Bombs. We all know they are crazy powerful, and the issue with them is they oddly need protecting until the big stuff can make it through to them.

So I say keep it. It forces the player to make more tactical placements so that they can reliably defend their pipe bombs from the incoming ZEDs. They must also decide whether or not its worth pushing forward to keep Zeds off the pipe bomb and risking their lives, or risking the pipe bomb getting blown up unneccesarily and losing the money.

Nah I say Keep it the same, definately. :)

Upvote 0
personally i like it being there, imo it plays an intrinsic part to the balance of the pipe bombs. We all know they are crazy powerful, and the issue with them is they oddly need protecting until the big stuff can make it through to them.

So i say keep it. It forces the player to make more tactical placements so that they can reliably defend their pipe bombs from the incoming zeds. They must also decide whether or not its worth pushing forward to keep zeds off the pipe bomb and risking their lives, or risking the pipe bomb getting blown up unneccesarily and losing the money.

Nah i say keep it the same, definately. :)

+1! I like it :D

Upvote 0