• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Pinsk Marshes-B1

I've updated the map to B6, sorry for the delay. I was aware that version 5 has some very grave errors with spawns especially, but I have been busy with school and stuff. This latest update should make bots work on the whole map, although two sides still cling to either side of the map.

This should also fix most of the spawning issues, but there is still weird cases I'm looking into where if the germans leapfrog the russians and take an objective one back then they start spawning too far forward. Normally, this shouldn't crop up, it is only noticeable because of the aformentioned bots tendency to stick to either flank.

I've also tweaked the draw-distance up a little for some grasses, because I want to reach a point where you can actually use them as cover, and eliminate as much as possible times where distant people don't realize their exposed.

Whenever I update this next, my priority (assuming the spawns are squared away serverside) will be to address this bot issue, but it might be awhile. Of course, this sort of map can never really be much of a bot map simply because of bots' ability to see through foliage. Already it can be fun for a little bot Safari if you want to test your reflexes :p

Upvote 0
I've updated the map to B6, sorry for the delay. I was aware that version 5 has some very grave errors with spawns especially, but I have been busy with school and stuff. This latest update should make bots work on the whole map, although two sides still cling to either side of the map.

This should also fix most of the spawning issues, but there is still weird cases I'm looking into where if the germans leapfrog the russians and take an objective one back then they start spawning too far forward. Normally, this shouldn't crop up, it is only noticeable because of the aformentioned bots tendency to stick to either flank.

I've also tweaked the draw-distance up a little for some grasses, because I want to reach a point where you can actually use them as cover, and eliminate as much as possible times where distant people don't realize their exposed.

Whenever I update this next, my priority (assuming the spawns are squared away serverside) will be to address this bot issue, but it might be awhile. Of course, this sort of map can never really be much of a bot map simply because of bots' ability to see through foliage. Already it can be fun for a little bot Safari if you want to test your reflexes :p

Have you tried "showing paths" (P Key I believe) to display the valid areas that bots will navigate. If you see missing areas, then there is an issue with this area or the Pylon in this area/ if the pylons are too high off the ground they wont work. Select them all and hit "END" to snap them down. Also, ROStaticMeshObstacles will interfere with paths as well. Maybe you already knew this, but thought I would chime in.

Upvote 0
So you mean the edge of the map but still within the playing area? That suggestion is perfect because I've been wondering about ways to add local interest to various segments. I tried doing a small ruined church off to one side recently which had a cool underground cellar thing, but it just isn't working with the aesthetic of the rest of the map at all. I think a forest would be easier and also give the attackers a nice tactical choice: sludge through a more open swamp say on the right, or swing wide on the left through a dense island thicket. Love the painting. Shiskin's class.

As to the bridges, yeah I've known about that since the beggining, I'm still struggling to implement a proper blocking volume like the early bridges on Demyansk.

As to the holes, those are very difficult to locate. When I originally redid the water, I used a single flat level for the bottom thinking no one could get stuck then, but sometimes when I make changes I ended up leaving small depressions with a click here or there, the result being these underwater holes that you can't see coming :) I might implement some instadeath thing into them if I can figure out how to make your vision go dark underwater and it doesn't feel too stupid.

I think the FR-IOM is running the older version, but I cant check cause pnkbster kicks me off that server right now.

Upvote 0
I added the forests on the side as requested, I don't think the trees are such a big draw concern so much as the grasses. I also fixed all the bridges, and moved some things around.

Since this version may end up being too taxing on a server I've left the B-6 download there. But the newest version is now B-7.

Upvote 0
I added the forests on the side as requested, I don't think the trees are such a big draw concern so much as the grasses. I also fixed all the bridges, and moved some things around.

Since this version may end up being too taxing on a server I've left the B-6 download there. But the newest version is now B-7.

Nice Choice DzigaVertov ! Hope they change the B5 we are currently play at IOM server ! And if by any chance you decide to check these out Just Contact me to get them ready !
Spoiler!
OHHHH i Forget to ask you .. Is it Possible to add some moskuitos (ParticleEffects)? Just like Demyansk ?? :)

Upvote 0
Yeah sure mosquitos would make a lot of sense for a swamp, I will see about putting them in. Since they are RS there might be some issues but I haven't tried yet.

If you want to post the tree files somewhere I would love to try them out and make a few forest maps.

Do the trees you've made have different lod's? That will help a lot in terms of draw culls. Also, if you've got any that have a wider canopy, those would be perfect for what I'm planning, as well as some big trees with some low branches stretching out like oaks.

I really like the trees you've made so far, and I hope you keep making more. The vast Russian forests are calling out for some love :)

Upvote 0
Yeah sure mosquitos would make a lot of sense for a swamp, I will see about putting them in. Since they are RS there might be some issues but I haven't tried yet.

If you want to post the tree files somewhere I would love to try them out and make a few forest maps.

Do the trees you've made have different lod's? That will help a lot in terms of draw culls. Also, if you've got any that have a wider canopy, those would be perfect for what I'm planning, as well as some big trees with some low branches stretching out like oaks.

I really like the trees you've made so far, and I hope you keep making more. The vast Russian forests are calling out for some love :)

Thanks DzigaVertov !:) I do Lot of trees and i am trying at the moment to make a Good Old Oak ! But Oaks are hard to make Optimized-Pretty cause the have LoT of Branches = Lots of Polys :( Take in Mind that Every tree Except Pines TWI uses is based on Oaks(young ones though)! BUT at least i am Trying ! For trees i Build LOD in UDK but i Collide them in Blender . I will add you on Steam and Inform you about my Trees Progress ;) !

Upvote 0