• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Picking up/Swaping Weapons

O'Shannon

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 18, 2006
Germany
OK so we know that u can pick up other weapons and have multiple weapons at the same time. and the feature i am suggesting is probably planned or even already implanted but just to make sure here is me idea on weapon pickup functionality.

tap [USE] = pick up Weapon

press(0.5-1 sec) [USE] = swap with current Weapon
or
double tap [USE] = swap with current Weapon

i personally would say long press is the better choice since double presses often happen while you try to pick up ammo as well.

same should apply for same weapons. lets say you have a Kar98k with 1 bullet left and spot a team mate being shot and you know his Kar98k is full you could tab [USE] pick his rifle up and have 2 Kar98k or you press [USE] to swap your Kar98k with his.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

and another suggestion but isnt to much of a deal and might be disliked for being too "sci-fi".
In old RO you only had a text-message like "Pick up: Kar98k" or "Pick up: ammo pouch Kar98k.

but i'd like some border around the weapons your about to pick up :

lk8fvu2nxbb.gif

what do you think?

EDIT: and a "autoswitch on pickup" option in the configmenu would be neet as well :p.

Last edited:
Great suggestion, totally agree.
However, I don't think white outline should only be limited to relaxed realism but as a mandatory feature to both modes. IMHO in real life you don't have a problems with picking up some thing from a pile of stuff witout picking up other things and examining them, especially when you know what you are looking for. Right now in RO1 picking up thing looks more like taking every stuff that comes into your hand without looking at it.

Upvote 0
Great suggestion, totally agree.
However, I don't think white outline should only be limited to relaxed realism but as a mandatory feature to both modes. IMHO in real life you don't have a problems with picking up some thing from a pile of stuff witout picking up other things and examining them, especially when you know what you are looking for. Right now in RO1 picking up thing looks more like taking every stuff that comes into your hand without looking at it.

only when you're in a range to pick it up though. I don't want to be informed about where people dropped their weapons from 10m away :p

Upvote 0