• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Picking up grenades

mikeyp said:
RO isn't BF2, it isn't DoD, and it isn't CoD (1 or 2) either...

Put in the throw option. Please.

The idiots may choose to run to a nade & try a throw, but they'll learn not to.
The experienced players may choose to avoid grenades or throw only if it lands on them.

BUT, at least the choice will be there. Right now you have little or no choice. If you're in a room when a grenade is popped through the exit, you're buggered - by grenade, by bullet, by bayonet, you're just buggered. If you could throw the grenade back - even IF you may die - you'd try it - just to save yourself.
That's IF it was implented in the game. So I sure as hell hope it is.

basically sums up why id like to see that option in, having nades chucked at you while hiding behind a sandbag with no other place to sucks.

Upvote 0
and with that comment said earlier why that option is not included because it'll get smacktards trying to run up to it just to throw it back at the enemy, that hardly/never happens in dod/dods even with hacking players,newbs,lamers in the server, i dont see why it would happen in ro if its implemented

Upvote 0
I don't want to start a new thread, but a suggestion involving the grenades:

On those situations, when a grenade lands next to you, I would like to be able to run away. And I mean just rush the hell away! Right now in RO, if you are lying prone on the ground or reloading your rifle, it takes too long to get for cover.

I'm suggesting a "panic button". When pushed, ingame you would stop all those things you are doing, for instance reloadin a gun, and take few very fast steps to the direction you were facing. You could change the direction with mouse but only a little.
So many times I have been killed by a grenade because I've been reloading or lying prone, and I just cant get away from it. After the panic rush, let's say 5 meters, you could dive to ground if you want. This would consume all your stamina.
The most important thing is that you would get on the move immediately, suspending all those little tasks that seems to be more important than saving your life.

I know that it wouldn't allways save you, but it would be nice to even try than watching the reload animation and just waiting the nade to explode. I dont want any lightspeed attacks with bayonet, but a run for your life option.

Upvote 0