• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Phase cancellation of the Quarter Fleshpound sound

Nines

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 9, 2020
Category: Sound

Reproducibility: Sometimes

Summary: Playing the same roaring sample during the appearance of each new Quarter Fleshpound at the same time causes phase cancellation

Description: Basically, when several Quarter Fleshpounds arrive at the same time (if you kill 4 or more Zeds to make "room" for them), you hear several identical roaring samples at the same time and that causes phase cancellation. I'm not going to explain what that is, but if you have an audio guy he'll know what I'm talking about. Try launching any audio track two or more times exactly at the same time and you will hear it.

Either make a few unique samples or play each one with a delay. Ideally both. I'm not sure if that issue was with standard Fleshpounds but with these this is more pronounced. Or even better - remove the damn things from the game since it's a bad idea anyway and make Scrake / Fleshpound sounds totally different and unique with each Scrake / Fleshpound having a slightly different sound.

Online/Offline: Both