Phantom players holding servers hostage .... again?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

war.to.fame

Aug 31, 2017
this issue is still present in 2020, why is this still here?
I could not connect to any server with real players at all today, I remember a season or 2 ago @Yoshiro said those servers are being held hostage by ghost/phantom players. What happen to the fix?, I have tried east, central on weekly and still having same results, people don`t even join if i create it either.

I don`t mean to sh!t on your bread and butter but come Tripwire....

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
What is the exact issue you are experiencing? When you join a server do you see players on the list that are not there/playing? If so, that means the issue you are referencing has turned back up somehow.

If that is not the case, I need to know exactly what you are experiencing so we can look into it.

war.to.fame

Aug 31, 2017
What is the exact issue you are experiencing? When you join a server do you see players on the list that are not there/playing? If so, that means the issue you are referencing has turned back up somehow.

If that is not the case, I need to know exactly what you are experiencing so we can look into it.
when I connect, it shows players and missing perk icon and states "match over" and hangs till i disconnect, server will not load no matter how long i stay.

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
when I connect, it shows players and missing perk icon and states "match over" and hangs till i disconnect, server will not load no matter how long i stay.
Which platform are you experiencing this on?

war.to.fame

Aug 31, 2017
on PS4-PRO using ethernet connection and loading game from external HDD. PS4 has been on for a week without going into stand by or shutting down, 1 or 2 restarts only.

was able to join servers an hour ago without any issues, it seems to be back to normal now and I see other players.