• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PERM-BANNED in ALL TWI Official Servers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike133

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Today, I logged on TWI Official RO2 Realism Server Chicago #5. My Steam user name was set as 'Admin', a name I use all the time in other games. After logging into the realism Chicago server and playing for some time with no problems, someone named 'admin' said to me in text chat that, "I was not a TWB admin", and that, "I needed to change my name immediately". So I open up my Red Orchestra 2 settings to look for a way to change my name (assuming RO2 is like RO1 and will allow me to change my name in the settings). All of a sudden, I'm back at the server browser looking at a box that says my Steam ID has been permanently banned by the server. At no time was I told I might be banned, and nowhere in the server rules did I see anything regarding acceptable names. While I was just playing the game and not trying to impersonate an administrator, I still understand why the admin of the server wanted me to change my name, however, I was given about 15 seconds from the time I was told to change my name to the point when I was banned.

Now it seems I am banned from all TWI Official servers...Chicago, Atlanta, New York, realism or not. I cannot join any server labeled TWI Official.

Now it is release day for RO2 and I have been banned from about 1/4 of RO2 servers all because I couldn't change my name in time?

The servers are labeled as TWI Official, and yet people from TWB clan seem to be admins?

Am I simply blacklisted from all TWI Official servers now because my Steam nickname was 'Admin'?

Someone help me! How can I get unbanned from these great servers? Surely, TWI doesn't want people getting banned from their servers left and right with no warning.

I mean... uh... unless you're completely oblivious to the Great Book of Internet Etiquette you ought to know that people with the username 'admin' are... admin. Administrators who monitor and run the server.

What you did is kinda like putting flashing red and blue lights on your car and wondering why the cops pull you over.

Reactions: u-s-e-r
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.