• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Perk requirements

Blah

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
I love KF but I hate having people who just got the game or who are assholes joining me and my buddies on public HOE servers. Servers should have the option to force perk levels.

For example if someone has level 1 everything but level 6 sharpshooter, they should only be allowed to play their sharpshooter. If they don't have any level 6 perk at all they should be kicked automatically. The level requirements should be adjustable by the server host so the host can pick the max and min playable perks.

Or maybe just make perk requirements only available for HOE if you are afraid of the game becoming to divided by perk requirements option.

Additionally there should be some sort of indicator to people who first play the game that there is a difficulty menu, like a big freakin arrow when you first run the game. And if that menu is default set to "any difficulty" you guys should change it to "normal" to avoid people joining far too difficult servers as soon as they get the game.

Having really low level people join my HOE games is actually detracting from the quality of the game please do something to help balance the hardcore and casual gamers.

Last edited:
I agree with your point, but it doesn't necessarily make the new guys joining your game 'assholes' :p

Like you said yourself, they are just oblivious that there are various difficulties ;)

Definitely be a good thing to implement, even if it means a change in the server finder menu, making the difficulty selection more visible and in-your-face. A default of normal would work too.

But to be perfectly honest, it doesn't happen that frequently. Maybe 1 in 50 or 100 games. Is it worth TWI spending the time, effort and resources making a change to something that rarely happens? I think some research would have to be done in that respect.

Cheers

ljM

Upvote 0
I agree with your point, but it doesn't necessarily make the new guys joining your game 'assholes' :p

Like you said yourself, they are just oblivious that there are various difficulties ;)

Definitely be a good thing to implement, even if it means a change in the server finder menu, making the difficulty selection more visible and in-your-face. A default of normal would work too.

But to be perfectly honest, it doesn't happen that frequently. Maybe 1 in 50 or 100 games. Is it worth TWI spending the time, effort and resources making a change to something that rarely happens? I think some research would have to be done in that respect.

Cheers

ljM

Lol sometimes they aren't assholes but when you politely ask them to leave and explain the difficulty and level components of the game and that they can find a better server by changing the difficulty and they still wont leave, then I think they are assholes. haha :p

I have it happen at least 75% of the games I'm in. We usually play start - finish that could be why it happens more with us though.

Upvote 0
Lol sometimes they aren't assholes but when you politely ask them to leave and explain the difficulty and level components of the game and that they can find a better server by changing the difficulty and they still wont leave, then I think they are assholes. haha :p

I have it happen at least 75% of the games I'm in. We usually play start - finish that could be why it happens more with us though.

kickvoting - it's there for a reason.

Upvote 0
Well doing it without warning or letting the player say anything... that's quite the crappy reception for new players. As for veteran players who reset their perks and still play harder modes... well... probably for the challenge.

I'm still for the idea of a warning message when you try to enter a server... as long as there's a check box for not reminding you anymore.

Upvote 0

Cheers

ljM

Exactly, the difficulty bars in the server menu aren't nearly noticeable enough imo.

Upvote 0
I don't understand why people wouldn't notice the difficulty bars. Is it really that hard to read an interface before using it?

I didn't notice it for about four days when I first got KF. When I first got the game, all I wanted to do was play and I never paid attention to the filter options in the server menu.

Just yesterday we had a level 0 berzerker join our HOE game. It happens too much.

Upvote 0
I didn't notice it for about four days when I first got KF. When I first got the game, all I wanted to do was play and I never paid attention to the filter options in the server menu.

Just yesterday we had a level 0 berzerker join our HOE game. It happens too much.

I only noticed it since I knew the UT2004 menu for online play! Mostly for use of filters for non-modded servers..

Upvote 0