• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Perk and dosh level resetting after every match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2019
Unfortunately I've been subject to a serious bug for quite some time using the Xbox One version of Killing Floor 2 where i cannot gain any experiance for my perks. In match my perk levels would rise but as soon as i return to lobby my levels reset to their positions as if i never played that match. For example, i will play a perk level 14 survivalist and if i level that up in a match i do get to use the Healing Grenade at the start of the following round yet if i win or fail and return to lobby i am told i am still only a level 14 Survivalist with the same amount of experiance towards the next level as it was before the match began. I have tried looking online for fixes however i cannot find any that work for my issue. I tried reinstalling, deleting save data and the cache, and even to test this i have tried to use one of my untouched classes in a solo offline and basic training to confirm if i can level them to at least 1 to no avail. i just want to be able to progress again. This glitch or bug has been with me since around the last Christmas update. I found a former thread in the support site claiming that if i delete and redownload my Xbox profile, this issue would be resolved. I've had no such luck. After redownloading my account profile and loading into a match once more i continue to suffer from lack of progress after the matchs conclusion. This issue is only getting worse. I noticed i can't progress my dosh vault, my dailys are never the same between create match and start match lobbys and even if i complete them theres no reward given to me. There's no point to really play the game anymore if i cant progress.

i even contacted Microsoft support to see if they could help or if it was on their end. After running their diagnostics and attempting their possible fixes i am still suffering from this frozen progression. The only thing that seems to actually progress and not revert is my inventory. Not my dosh vault, not my perk levels, not even my perk skills.

I've already filed a support ticket (which went unanswered for a while now) and ive tried everything i can find from deleting the cloud and local storage, reinstalling the game, resetting entirely, ive even gotten to a point i tried to force corrupt my save file just to try and continue from the beginning.

heres hoping i can get some help in this forum.

Reactions: CherokeeDad
I am also experiencing the same issue as above. Perk progression does not seem to save after a match ends.
I have filed a support ticket about a week ago, and I have updated it with further info, but there hasn't been a reply as yet.

I have tried the following: i) Quitting the game and restarting, ii) deleting save game locally, restarting, iii) Deleting gamer profile, reattaching, and restarting, iv) Deleting game, reinstalling, restarting, v) Factory resetting Xbox.

The correct XP numbers would appear upon restarting, but the problem persists and appears again within a session or two.

I did a few more experiments with this issue, playing through past the frozen progression numbers - hoping that the backend would credit me the accumulated XP correctly, but nope, it didn't happen.

I'm hoping to get some help and suggestions from this forum as well. Thank you, OP, for starting this thread.

Upvote 0
Day 20 of my support ticket being active. I've had one response which I replied to within minutes stating redownloading my profile would fix the issue. This is still not the case, the problem persists even during offline play. I've never had a support team be this slow in answering especially not after initially addressing the issue. The excuse of being on vacation doesnt work very well when you've already been answered then continuously ignored.

Reactions: CherokeeDad
Upvote 0
Same here. 20 days since I posted my support ticket. I updated it a few times with some more details, and added a capture or two illustrating the problem.

No response as yet. I'm a long time ps4 player but I think the Xbox version has more bugs (albeit minor ones).

This perk progression glitch is particularly bad though, since I won't be able to play public matches back to back because my progression would intermittently not save properly - I'd have to quit and restart my game fairly often.

Other minor bugs of note, not related to progression bug:

There seems to be a graphical glitch on Outpost when walking in a specific direction (downhill) to the open area of the map. Hard to describe, i may update my ticket with a capture.

Left thumbstick occasionally unresponsive at trader pod. Difficult to reproduce or show proof in a capture, but easily solved by wiggling right stick a bit; then the left stick "activates". Never faced this on the PS4 (but then again I always use directional pad buttons anyway). This also occurs at end game screen when game stats show. Again, easily solved by wiggling right stick in order to "activate" left thumbstick.

Upvote 0
I am beginning to suspect that this game doesn't play well with Xbox's rest mode.

I want to say that I've always run into this XP progression problem whenever I resume into the game from rest mode but it seems trouble free when running it "fresh" from the Xbox dashboard.

How odd. I've played this for countless hours on the PS4 without encountering this bug. I use the rest mode there too.

Maybe something to consider, devs?

Upvote 0
I'm not too sure about that, i usually don't leave my xbox in rest mode,i more than often restart it entirely and i still suffer the frozen levels. there's times i get home from work, turn on my xbox, boot kf2 up, then still have the issue. It got to a point i deleted my cloud save file as well and still I'm stuck on survivalist 14 and 354k dosh vault without my xbox ever once going into rest mode.

Upvote 0
Bug with xp, vault dosh and keys that i bought and dint get them

I have bean playing this game for 2 weeks now. Love the game but these glitches are demotivating me to keep playing.
Every match that i am done with, i dont get the xp when i leave the match or go to another map. I do not get the vault dosh for completing daily objectives and they change the objectives all the time. Recently i got a crate and bought 2 keys that i never got (i only needed one key but i thought i did something wrong so i tryed to buy another one, when i saw that i did not get my key, i went to my bankaccount and saw that i really had bought 2 keys i did not get). I waited some time to see if i would get them eventually but i never got them.
I did a search on google to see if there was other people with the same problem, but a lot of the posts i found were old. Sad to see these problems still a thing, because i really like the game.

I play on xbox, hope this get fixed and i get my keys :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.