• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Periodical freez

Umi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 10, 2010
I play on kf since its release.
Since November 4th I have a freez of 15-20 sec as soon as I launch the game and every 5 min afterward.
It begins when I am on the Tripwire logo at the launch.
During the freez when I do "Ctrl+Alt+Del" it tells me that kf "don't answer" and I wait 20 sec the freez is over for the next 5 minutes.
It's not a configuration problem.
My configuration is:
Windows 7 64 bits
I7 860
4 Gb RAM
ATI 5850

I deleted the game 2 times (with also the kf's file in the steam's file) without result.

I think the problem comes from a Steam update which released November 4th because before it I don't have this problem.

If you want to see my "killing floor.log" file it's here:
[url]http://www.2shared.com/file/SNHBcQwG/KillingFloor.html[/URL]

Thank you in advance for your answers and excuse my poor english.

Hello
i got the same problem. I play on Kf since a long time and i never had any problems/bugs etc...

Since some times i have freeze problems and It begins when I am on the Tripwire logo at the launch too

in game it freeze randomly during 10-20 sec.

i already tried to delete and reinstall the game, but didn't work

I found a video on youtube who show exactly the problem :
YouTube - Random freeze in killing floor

My configuration :
win 7 32 bits
amd phenom x2 955 3.2ghz *4
ati raedon hd 4890
4 go ram

if someone can help us it would be great, cause it make the game just unplayable in multi (why play if i die during each freeze...)
thanks in advance

Reactions: Vaecrius
Upvote 0
I have the same problem as shown on the youtube video. This started after last ~expansion patch( guess it's the 1014 update ), I have never had any crashes or freezes before. Sometimes it's almost constant, sometimes I'm lucky and I won't get any freezes. I haven't noticed that it happens in any particular map, class/gun combo or my own input point, seems to be very random.

I play with case open so heating isn't an issue, they are way below max values. I also have 2 different types of isp(only one use one at a time), and 2 different network interfaces, all of them give the same freezes. All of the other games seem to play like they have for years.

I play windowed, it just says "not responding" while it's frozen. It never crashes, unless you spam click in frustration while "not responding", then it quits w/o any errors to desktop. Tried to play w/o any programs running that sniff the files that are currently use, like antivirus stuffs(even checked from resource monitor what programs were using what files), didn't work.

Haven't reinstalled or tested with older nvidia drivers, as this game isn't really what I play the most(hello wow) and most likely won't be searching to fix this. I just use the latest drivers from official site. Which does seem to be updated quite close to 1014 patch, 10.10.2010.

Windows 7 64bit
i7 920, 40%OC (I actually reduced the voltage from default)
3x 2GB ram
GigaByte GA-EX58-UD5 mob
SB x-fi gamer audiocard
nvidia 275 GTX

Upvote 0
Ah, first error window. I'm not sure if this is related to the freezing, altought I have noticed that the gamewindow does sometimes go to "not responding" while in the menus . So I might have gotten the freeze just after I pushed join game. Got this error while on map loading screen.

Code:
 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3700 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 (6099)

CreateTexture failed(8007000E).

History: FD3D9Texture::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3D9RenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetSimpleMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-Departed <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
same here after an update freezing to the point i want to throw my computer out the window. it freezes 20 30sec at the trip wire startup then 5min thru super freeze no crash check malware 0 virus 0 i was thinking of a fresh reinstall of windows but naa someone fix this please or ill never buy from steam again DO YOU HEAR ME NNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR. and i bet other will follow if steam don't fix this problem they did:mad:

Upvote 0
Same here. random freeze

Same here. random freeze

Random freeze here for some seconds since some days. freezes not only in game-action, freeze already at main screen

Windows 7 - x64 - German Language
CPU: Phenom II X4 955 (4x 3,21 GHz)
RAM: 8 GB
Graphic: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS + nForce 780a
Monitor: 1x 23", 2x 19"
Keyboard: Logitech G15
Mouse: Logitech G5
Network: WLAN 54 Mbit / DSL 16 Mbit

Temperatures of Mainboard, Graphic card, CPU and onboard Graphic Card are normal.
FB_Addon_TelNo{ height:15px !important; white-space: nowrap !important; background-color: #0ff0ff;}

Upvote 0
I have the exact same problem. Tripwire logo at the launch was the key word. I've been playing since the release and I've never had this problem until recently. I reinstalled twice onto different HDDs. Switched my graphics card to a different one but to no avail. Defragmented cache over and over.

It only seems to be happening to this game for me, every other game I tested runs fine. I have ran it in windows mode to see if it would stop responding and yes. but everything else runs fine in my background; my system does not freeze up.

I will assume it is either a bug in Killing floor and/or a steam issue.

Killing Floor is the only game I play...
PLEASE HELP

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Been having this same issue, I think since the 1014 patch. It's usually no more than a few seconds, but still very annoying all the same. It's not lag and I have no issues in other games. Running Windows XP 32-bit with an ATI Radeon HD 4850, Intel Dual-Core E6300, Creative Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeGamer. All my drivers are up to date.

Upvote 0
I've had this problem as long as I've had this game. (HP Pavilion dv6something with GeForce 7150M/nForce 630M, 1GB RAM, 1.7GHZ, usually decent framerate of 25+ with the occasional memory leak that appears to be completely unrelated to this).

Apparently some people have this problem in UT2k4 as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if this problem comes from an indecipherable or proprietary (i.e., you can't touch this without Epic's express permission even if you know what's wrong) part of the engine and the TWI guys just aren't saying anything because there's nothing worth reporting.

In the meantime, the recommendations in this thread EDIT: and this thread might ameliorate things if not (if you're incredibly lucky) get rid of the problem substantially.

Last edited:
Upvote 0