• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Performance

_Dariuszek_

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
I want to ask you about RO2 and RS performance, for me after Rising Storm release is worse, the game has become nearly unplayable.

I'm sure you want to know wha my is cfg.

CPU: Quad 9550
GPU: GTX 260 AMP2 876MB
RAM: 4GB

I just want to know how your performance, don't need any tips, because there is no tips for it.

Also I noticed that "UMBRA CULLING" bug still is with us.

I just played a match and I noticed extreme slowdowns from the beta version i played last weekend. What changed? I know there was a patch or two during the week but i never got a chance to test. Anyone? Bueller?

AMD 965 BE 3.4ghz
8 gig ram
win 7 64bit
ati 5770 OC'd a bit

edit: running default 1920x1080 on high settings without the extra eye-candy boxes checked. RO2 is smooth as glass on these settings

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Same, ~60 FPS (I don't disabled the FPS lock because I just have a 60Hz moni).
It goes down to 40 sometimes esp on Kajalein (?) - into the high 30s
FX-8120 @ 4.2GHz (220x20)
VTX HD7870 @ 1100/1225
8GB 1333MHz
Have you tried to overlock your system, you might be able to get a 10->25% perf increase
And what do you mean by "unplayable" because some people here say <120FPS = Lagfest

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you're going to mention your performance, it would greatly help if you mentioned what resolutions and settings you run the game at. Also, any ini tweaks.

I do not seek for help, because like I said there is no help for me, so no point to share my game settings.
I know everything about game tweaking.
Anyway I need better PC.
Just want to know how other players feel.

Upvote 0
Format hard drive, install OS, install drivers, only install the game, see if there is a difference.

I played long time with performance, I will not search for solution other than new PC.
But like I said before RS I had better performance, 45-60 FPS
Now drop to 30 which is slide show for me, makes the game unplayable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
performance is better now on both games. thank you TWI! :D

You said this already!

works like a charm!

I am glad that your game is working so well...

q6600 @ 3.2ghz
6gb ddr2 800mhz ram
1gb Radeon 6770

RES:1920x1080
Everything Ultra except for AA which is low and foilage which is on the lowest setting as well.

Did you try deleting your config and letting it redl?

EDIT: I'm getting 50-60fps

Trust me I tried everything.
I'm sure this is GPU fault which I want to buy in the near future.

You should try SweetFX, you will get better graphic and performance, AA is much faster and looks better.

Upvote 0
I can't speak to the current base RO2 performance as I haven't played it since last year (but back then it was kind of crummy for me, even on medium / low settings).

I was pleasantly surprised by the Rising Storm Beta and the performance increase, though. Seemed like everything was better optimized, more fluid and responsive. Yet in this merged final release, my performance has gone down the tubes. I chose the same graphicals settings and everything when setting both up. A few days ago in the Beta the game was fast and super smooth, now it chugs on the same RS maps. Even with less players in the mix.

I don't get it at all. Seems like they should have kept them separated. Oh well. Will try to play until frustration from framerate fluctuations sets in if it's not fixed, then possibly come back after a building a new PC in the future.

Upvote 0
I have no problems at all, thanks god..

AMD FX6300 @ 4ghz
GTX560 1gb (non-Ti, just overclocked to the max)
8 gb ram

Playing on Ultra, just shadows on medium (makes low FPS on Hanto and Kajalein (?) ) FXAA on High, postprocess enchanced... 1920x1080
61 fps mostly.. Only on Hanto Ive got around 40-45 fps..

Try drivers etc.

Upvote 0