• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

People exploiting poundamonium on Waterwork is getting ridiculous

Leto Atreides

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 5, 2010
Everytime I join a server that's running waterwork, all I see are cowards exploiting with the poundamonium mutator. They find a spot where the flesh pounds can't attack them and then rank up the damage.

*screenshot removed*

Last edited:

Entangler

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 12, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Which Poundamonium hasn't been for a while now, so their cheating is in vain.

P.S. You might want to remove the exploit screenshot. There's a policy against posting those, and for good reason.

Formless

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 18, 2011
The problem isn't poundamonium, it's the well-known exploits on that map that allow this to happen.

Leto Atreides

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 5, 2010
Which Poundamonium hasn't been for a while now, so their cheating is in vain.

P.S. You might want to remove the exploit screenshot. There's a policy against posting those, and for good reason.

Are you sure? I could choose a perk on that server when I took the screenshot.

Undedd Jester

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 31, 2009
Sheffield, England
Are you sure? I could choose a perk on that server when I took the screenshot.
Easy way to check, headshot an enemy and see if your headshot count on Sharpshooter foes up. But yeah, Poundamonium won't be levelling their stats, so take comfort in the fact theya re wasting their time.

If you know an exploit tho post it to TWI so hopefully they can fix it ;)

SMIFF

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2009
I doubt it's poundamonium, it's most likely the same thing as those Stalker only servers, some sort of console command I believe.

Perks do level this way.

Yomommassis

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 24, 2009
Palmdale, CA USA
I doubt it's poundamonium, it's most likely the same thing as those Stalker only servers, some sort of console command I believe.

Perks do level this way.
Incorrect,
Entering game altering server commands cause the server to enter sandbox mode disabling perk-progression, this was implemented in the same update as the update that greylisted poundamonium

Reactions: Spicy

Raziel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 21, 2009
Valhalla
www.facebook.com
Incorrect,
Entering game altering server commands cause the server to enter sandbox mode disabling perk-progression, this was implemented in the same update as the update that greylisted poundamonium
Maybe in theory, but the existance of 1-specimen-only leveling servers a undeniable fact.
And it's gotten worse recently.

Just join a random Suicidal/HoE and there's a good chance you're joining a Stalker-only server with perk progress enabled.
And there's been more than one occasion of people trading such server's IPs on the Steam User's forums recently.
Hell, there even are reports about servers with a single stalker instead of a patriarch for easy map achievements.

So yeah, we're facing a new thread ...

Undedd Jester

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 31, 2009
Sheffield, England
It amazes me just how sad and lame people can be. One could go off on a rant about it, but tbh I don't think I'm gonna dignify it by calling it a problem.

If players feel have to cheat against AI controlled enemies then by God they have reached some kind of rock bottom in their pitiful life. It's almost cruel to take that 1 last hope they have.

I truly feel sorry for these people for being so unbelievably crap at their hobby.

9_6

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2009
Frankly, cheating against other human players in a competitive environment is a lot worse than cheating against an AI :D
Circumventing weeks of grinding by exploiting a broken AI is a heinous crime because I HAD TO CHEW ON WOOD TO GAIN THOSE LEVELS AND SO DO YOU!
How dare you ruin my games with your illegal levels and low skill that you surely would have gotten by grinding because surely if you grind, that must mean you have t3h sk1llz? Travesty!
Crucify the evildoer and marvel at my legal mr perky achievement for I chewed on the woods! The splinters in my gum... I ated them!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Spicy and Benjamin

Faneca

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2010
Portugal
Only whitelisted 1-specimen-only Mut is the original Hellfire (Husks only) but it was made so Firebug's couldnt be invincible and it makes the game a hell of a lot harder.

Reactions: Raziel