• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pentagon to Merge Next-Gen Binoculars With Soldiers' Brains

I don't like all this technology. People are more dependant than ever on technology. What happens if a soldiers high tech binocs and auto all weather targeting system etc etc breaks or is damaged? Will anyone know how to fight with just a gun and their own instincts/ senses anymore? I love how much money, time, effort & technology goes into more effective ways of killing people. Yet hardly any on stuff that doesn't have to do with killing/war. How great is all our "tech" working out for us right now? Whoever can cause the most damage in the cheapest/ simplest fashion is usually the victor because they don't RELY on high technology to simply function. Maybe eventually we'll just send in robots for a near guilt free experience and we can all kick back and say "how are those robots doin taking over that country for us?" I think the eventual goal of the military is to de-personalize war as much as possible so it becomes easier to not actually have people think about it.

Upvote 0
this idea actually hampers combat effectiveness, by cluttering things up, adding more bulk, and interfering with basic combat tactics and training. EDIT: I actually read the thing... give it to the army. The marines are ****ed up enough (its part of being a Marine) without the pentagon fiddlin' with their brain functions...

Upvote 0