Pentagon to Merge Next-Gen Binoculars With Soldiers' Brains

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Capt.Marion

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 12, 2006
Beantown
a totally unneccesary waste of money. all that's doing is creating more equipment that can break and doesn't do jack ****. I mean, what's that going to do when you're fighting a guerilla and unpredictable enemy?

Quietus

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 25, 2005
California
I don't like all this technology. People are more dependant than ever on technology. What happens if a soldiers high tech binocs and auto all weather targeting system etc etc breaks or is damaged? Will anyone know how to fight with just a gun and their own instincts/ senses anymore? I love how much money, time, effort & technology goes into more effective ways of killing people. Yet hardly any on stuff that doesn't have to do with killing/war. How great is all our "tech" working out for us right now? Whoever can cause the most damage in the cheapest/ simplest fashion is usually the victor because they don't RELY on high technology to simply function. Maybe eventually we'll just send in robots for a near guilt free experience and we can all kick back and say "how are those robots doin taking over that country for us?" I think the eventual goal of the military is to de-personalize war as much as possible so it becomes easier to not actually have people think about it.

Murphy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
Rightclick zoom is awesome and it helps in almost every battlesituation but cqb! Play Ghost Recon 1 and 2 (don't know about graw) to see for yourself!

BuddyLee

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 12, 2006
NCC 1701-D Neutral Zone
I imagine the software would make "camping" a thing of the past. If the system can locate muzzle flash or detect the origin of incoming rounds enemy snipers would be at a severe disadvantage.

If they succeed at this would the USGI be the First Cybernetic Soldier in History?

Capt.Marion

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 12, 2006
Beantown
this idea actually hampers combat effectiveness, by cluttering things up, adding more bulk, and interfering with basic combat tactics and training. EDIT: I actually read the thing... give it to the army. The marines are ****ed up enough (its part of being a Marine) without the pentagon fiddlin' with their brain functions...

Wolfstuka

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 21, 2006
U.S.A.
Then next they will find a way to brainwash us and control us using this crap in our brains, no way man there is too much technology as it is no need for this weird crap.