• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Perf Investigation - Need Player Information

Hardware Information = GPU : RTX 2080
CPU : Ryzen 7 2700 X
Windows 11 22H2
RAM : 32 Go

I have my graphics pilot up to date (NVIDIA).
I tried in ultra and high but no real improvement.
(In the tutorial I had +100fps in ultra, against 50 sometimes in multiplayer).

I use simultaneously: Discord / Wallpaper Engine / And my antivirus : F-Secure / Geforce Experience

This varies enormously during the same multiplayer part but I have an average of 55 FPS which is too little. Offline I have many more FPS (about double).

I used a translator for writing the message, sorry.
Thank you for your game.
Baggyor

Upvote 0
i74770k gtx1070 windows 10 16gb ram and im on latest graphics as of 4/2 in game graphics I've tried it all but mainly on low dlss on and off doesn't seem to matter. Direct x12 is on. only third party is spotify and discord and my anti malware. I'm gonna try swapping drivers ill update if it actually helps. its so choppy and bad right now its making it really frustrating to play knowing that I'm aiming in nasty lag swamp water.

Upvote 0
Hey there. I am affected by some Performance Issues. I get an average of about 60-70FPS on every map.

Specs:
CPU - Ryzen 7 5700G
GPU - RTX 3060 12GB
RAM - 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MhZ
OS - Windows 10

All Drivers and the Operating System are updated to the latest Public/Stable version.

In-Game Graphics Settings:
Quality - Low
Resolution - 100%
Field of View - 100
DirectX Version - 11
nVidia DLSS - Disabled

Background are Whatsapp and Spotify, also have ghub.

Seems pretty stable throughout the game

The problem persists both in Online Matches and in Training, not as much in the lobby (before entering game)

My usage was around 30-40% CPU and only 30-45% GPU

Upvote 0
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600KF CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
GPU: RTX 2060 Super
RAM : 32,0 Go 3000mh
OS - Windows 11

As background software there is:
Discord (fixes nothing when stopped),
Steam,
Steelseries GG (fixes nothing when stopped)
Logitech G Hub,
OneDrive (fixes nothing when stopped)
VMWare,
RiotVanguard,
Google Chrome (fixes nothing when stopped)
DisplayFusion (fixes nothing when stopped)

All Drivers and the Operating System are updated to the latest Public/Stable version.

Graphics Settings:
2560x1440
Quality - Low
Resolution - 100%
Field of View - 90
DirectX Version - 12 (no performance differences with dx11)
nVidia DLSS - Enabled, Performance
=100-140 fps in game (big falls in combat) \ 150-200 fps in training mode with no player \ 140-150 fps in the lobby

or

2560x1440
Quality - Ultra
Resolution - 100%
Field of View - 90
DirectX Version - 12 (no performance differences with dx11)
nVidia DLSS - Enabled, Quality
=50-80 fps in game (big falls in combat) \ 120 fps in training mode with no player \ 90 - 110 fps in the lobby

I play with a friend who has rather similar characteristics (same graphics card) but he is on Windows 10, he has no problem.

Let me know if you need any info.

Upvote 0
Posted this on the Steam forums topic but I figured I'd post it here too.

The game ran buttery smooth for me until the last hotfix. Now it's a mixed bag on individual maps where I'll get framerate drops if I look towards the middle, as though it's rendering things that aren't actually in my LoS.

Hardware:
Intel Core I7-10700K
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070
16gb RAM
Latest Drivers confirmed.
Windows 10

In-Game Settings:
Target Framerate: 120
Graphics Preset: High
Display Mode: Windowed Fullscreen (1920x1080)
VSync : Off
Resolution Scale: 100%
NVidia DLSS On (Turned it on today after I noticed the drops began, wasn't on previously. Didn't make much of a difference) with Quality set to Auto
DX12 Off (Might turn it on to test)
Scaling 100%

Third Party background programs: None.

Does the problem get worse over time? Doesn't seem to. Is rather consistent. Like I said, previously the game ran perfectly. Now it's a toss up between maps. I've noticed the slowdowns on at least two, but I'll need to play more to really gauge it fully.

Does it only happen in Online? Yes, but only in-map and again, only when facing towards the center of certain maps. It doesn't seem to be a problem in the training/waiting room.

Upvote 0
-Intel Core I5-7200U 3.11GHz BOOSTED
-NVIDIA GEFORCE 940mx 2GB VRAM
-Windows 10
-12GB RAM

-I can confirm I'm on the latest graphics drivers

In Game Settings:

Target Framerate: 60
Graphics Preset: Low
Display Mode: Windowed Fullscreen (1600x900)
Resolution Scale: 80%
NVidia DLSS Off
DX12 Off

-I don't have DLSS since I don't own a RTX

-I run my antivirus, throttlestop and quick cpu. Never ever had a problem with performance with any of them.

-Yes, this problem seems to get worse after 3 or 4 games. FPS drops, textures not loading, game starts freezing.

-I haven't tried it on training, only online matches

Interesting facts: Since the game started I've seem to discover that running the game on 100 3D resolution works better rather than running it on 60/70 3D RES. However after the first performance update, that changed and I could play better on lower graphics. Now it seems to work the first way around, I was playing on 60 and turning it on higher worked better the first matches. However that did not stopped the game to start dropping FPS harder after 3rd or 4th game!

Upvote 0
-Intel Core I5-7200U 3.11GHz BOOSTED
-NVIDIA GEFORCE 940mx 2GB VRAM
-Windows 10
-12GB RAM

-I can confirm I'm on the latest graphics drivers

In Game Settings:

Target Framerate: 60
Graphics Preset: Low
Display Mode: Windowed Fullscreen (1600x900)
Resolution Scale: 80%
NVidia DLSS Off
DX12 Off

-I don't have DLSS since I don't own a RTX

-I run my antivirus, throttlestop and quick cpu. Never ever had a problem with performance with any of them.

-Yes, this problem seems to get worse after 3 or 4 games. FPS drops, textures not loading, game starts freezing.

-I haven't tried it on training, only online matches

Interesting facts: Since the game started I've seem to discover that running the game on 100 3D resolution works better rather than running it on 60/70 3D RES. However after the first performance update, that changed and I could play better on lower graphics. Now it seems to work the first way around, I was playing on 60 and turning it on higher worked better the first matches. However that did not stopped the game to start dropping FPS harder after 3rd or 4th game!
Thanks for your report. If you have any video that you can pass along to show us better what you are experiencing we would greatly appreciate you sharing it with us.

Upvote 0
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
32 GB RAM
Gigabyte RTX 3080 XTREME
Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD 1000GB M.2 NVMe PCI Express 3.0
Latest Nvidia update the game run max at 30 fps and lag like hell is really unplayable i dont know what settings to try anymore everything is terrible. I wanted this game to success but this is terrible!

Upvote 0
I use(ed) this game on windows and linux but it's was and has become aa really bad experience.
Hardware : ASUS/TUF Gaming F15 2021 with an intel core i5 11 gen and an RTX 3060 mobile.
This game is either wery unoptimized or hates my hardware.

On Win 10 with latest drivers :

It's unreliable. I put every setting on low with nvidia dlss on ultra perf to reach 60 fps, sometimes it's even lower ! I thought I was getting a smooth experience but this is very far from it. The biggest problem for me is overheating. This games makes my computer overheat, no other games does this. If I want to play I have to into balanced mode so my pc doesn't fry itself. When I move my mouse I feel it not going where I want and everything is delayed even with the best ping. Half of the time that I load into a match it makes my computer overheat ! When the screen shows the map right before the start, half of the time it makes my PC shutdown to not damage my cpu. The interface is not great, you can't really blend in with NPCs with m&k controls and It's overall a bad experience. Changing video settings doesn't change anything in terms of performances exept making it worse.

Now for the real subject...

On Fedora Linux 38 w Wayland:

This is the worst experience I had in a game in a long time ! As there is still no native version, I had to use proton. After finding the right version, I was able to play at 30 fps or something, not enjoyable.
It also made my pc overheat even on linux with the better heat management ! Even if less often. After that the game coudn't be launched on linux because of Easy anti cheat not working on there yet. This isn't normal, you don't just let bugs break the game on a platform ! Bugs in game are also a thing, like clipping into furniture, getting stuck, etc but I don't wanna write an essay. This bring me to today. I thought I would try again as the EAC problems miht have been fixed but when launching the game my whole pc froze and I had to force-reboot it ! This is a steam deck verified game, unbelivable.

I considered refunding the game and I might if this continues. Content added seens fine but I can't try it ! Fix the bugs THEN add content !

Upvote 0
necroing it seems but i still have this issue.

windows 11:
3080ti
32gb ram
i7-7820x
playing in 4k on lg cx with g sync
dlss ulta performance (now its on)

so i have 87 hours in steam on this game before i decided to look into the issue :p So my friends and i were playing a private lobby with bots where my friend put down his turret and shot yu-mi slow downs at me at point blank range. Thats when I REALLY noticed the frame rate drop and decided to turn on my counter. So on average, while running around a map, i get anywhere between 60-70 fps but in the middle of a normal fight i go down to upper 40s to mid 50s but when a turret and yu-mi graphics are happening i go down to about 40 and cant hit anything properly. I turned on dlss to help smooth out the framerates but when it sinks to the 40s it doesnt help to much

Upvote 0
necroing it seems but i still have this issue.

windows 11:
3080ti
32gb ram
i7-7820x
playing in 4k on lg cx with g sync
dlss ulta performance (now its on)

so i have 87 hours in steam on this game before i decided to look into the issue :p So my friends and i were playing a private lobby with bots where my friend put down his turret and shot yu-mi slow downs at me at point blank range. Thats when I REALLY noticed the frame rate drop and decided to turn on my counter. So on average, while running around a map, i get anywhere between 60-70 fps but in the middle of a normal fight i go down to upper 40s to mid 50s but when a turret and yu-mi graphics are happening i go down to about 40 and cant hit anything properly. I turned on dlss to help smooth out the framerates but when it sinks to the 40s it doesnt help to much.

Other notes, i turned down all graphics to low but still 4k and nothing seems to change. also setting it to 1080 seems to make it worse

Upvote 0