• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Perf Investigation - Need Player Information

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Agents,

We are investigating cases where players are not getting expected frame rates on PC's. If you believe you are one of these users can you please let us know the following information:

• Your basic hardware information (CPU/GPU/Windows version, Amount of ram)
      • Can you confirm you are on the latest AMD/Nvidia/Intel graphics drivers
    • In game Graphics Settings
      • Do you have DLSS on? If so what setting, can you try turning it off and see what happens?
        • If you aren't on the latest Nvidia Driver, try updating to the latest game ready driver for Deceive Inc.
        • If are are on the latest driver, try rolling back a version and see if that helps
    • Do you run third party software in the background
      • If so, what? Afterburner or other Hardware monitor, Antivirus, Firewall?
    • Does this problem seem to get worse over time in game?
    • Does it only happen in online matches vs training?

Last edited:
    Reactions: echoo
    Hey there. I am affected by some Performance Issues. I get an average of about 50-55FPS on every map except Diamond Spire, where I get 25-30FPS on average.

Specs:
    CPU - Ryzen 5 3400G
    GPU - GTX 1650 4GB
    RAM - 16GB DDR4 @ 3200MhZ
    OS - Windows 11

All Drivers and the Operating System are updated to the latest Public/Stable version.

In-Game Graphics Settings:
    Quality - Low
    Resolution - 100%
    Field of View - 90
    DirectX Version - 11
    nVidia DLSS - Enabled, Ultra Performance

The only third party Software that I really run in the backgroud is Discord.

The problem does become worse overtime, if it's somewhat decent when I start playing, after about 45 minutes I no longer reach 60FPS at all.

The problem persists both in Online Matches and in Training, as well as the Lobby sometimes too.

After taking a look at my Usage Statistics I found that the game never passes 50% GPU Usage or 70% CPU Usage.

Reactions: HealthHazard
    Upvote 0
    My problem:

After some more playing and using frame time graph on MSI Afterburner i can tell the frame time seems to change depending on ping or map. The game flows good when frame time is around 5-8 ms. But as soon as its over 12-18ms the game feels really muddy and its hard to play and shoot with a good feeling. You can feel this as soon as you get put into the pre match lobby.

I played matches today and wrote down the numbers:

Hard sell - 11ms 80fps in lobby - lag delay
    Silver reef - 10-14ms 80fps - lag
    Silver reef 8-9ms - 120fps - smooth
    Fragnang shore - 11-15ms 80fps - lag
    Hard sell - 11-14ms 80fps - lag
    Diamond spire - 7-8ms 120-140fps - smooth

Windows 10
    CPU - Intel i7-9750H
    GPU - RTX2060 6GB (laptop)
    RAM - 16GB
    ---------------------------------
    In game Graphis Settings:

Graphics Res : 1920x1080
    Graphics Preset : Medium/Low
    Display Mode : Fullscreen
    Vsync : OFF
    Resolution Scale : 100%
    FOV: 110
    Nvidia DLSS : ON **READ UPDATE**
    DLSS QUALITY: Performance **READ UPDATE**
    DX12 : ON
    Portrait Animations : OFF
      • Discord
      • MSI Afterburner
      • Steam
      • Kaspersky Anti-Virus
      • Steelseries GG (Wirleless Headset)
      • Logitech G Hub
    I'm not sure. It seems to be really on and off.
    Only in online matches. If I play the toutorial i get 120+ fps and it feels SUPER GOOD! As well if im in traning mode it runs really well. But as soon as I play online something happens.

I also notice the game isnt using a lot of the CPU or GPU around 30-40%.

UPDATE!!
    After restarting the game + disabling DLSS, the 2 games i played after doing it was running a lot better fps wise and less lag. Also noticed GPU usage went up.
    Might be recommended that ppl with "less" powerful PC's should use DLSS off?

Upvote 0
    • basic hardware information: Ryzen 5 3600, Vega 56 8GB, Windows 11, 16GB RAM 3200mhz (CPU/GPU/Windows version, Amount of ram)
    • I can confirm I'm on the latest drivers by AMD.
    • Settings are at medium. 1920x1080, render resolution 100. Got lower fps with lower render resolution. Which is weird.
    • Only third party software running is steam itself.
    • Problem seems to get worse overtime ingame. When I restart the game, its at 70 till 90 fps. Which is still a bit low. But after 3 games, its around mid 50/60.
      I think its good to also look at more graphics options, since we can only choose the presets now.
    • It happens in online games, not in training.

Upvote 0
    • basic hardware information: Ryzen 5 3600, Vega 56 8GB, Windows 11, 16GB RAM 3200mhz (CPU/GPU/Windows version, Amount of ram)
    • I can confirm I'm on the latest drivers by AMD.
    • Settings are at medium. 1920x1080, render resolution 100. Got lower fps with lower render resolution. Which is weird.
    • Only third party software running is steam itself.
    • Problem seems to get worse overtime ingame. When I restart the game, its at 70 till 90 fps. Which is still a bit low. But after 3 games, its around mid 50/60.
      I think its good to also look at more graphics options, since we can only choose the presets now.
    • It happens in online games, not in training.
    It gets really bad when in fights also. But thats in game, not in pre lobby.

Upvote 0
    UPDATE!!
    After restarting the game + disabling DLSS, the 2 games i played after doing it was running a lot better fps wise and less lag. Also noticed GPU usage went up.
    Might be recommended that ppl with "less" powerful PC's should use DLSS off?
    Can you confirm you are on the latest Nvidia Game Ready driver?

Upvote 0
    • I7 10700 -
    • Rtx 3080 -
    • 32 GB Ram Windows 10
      • Driver-Nvidia 531.41
      • Ultra or High
      • Dlss performance on or off makes no difference
      • No
    • Does this problem seem to get worse over time in game? Yes
    • Does it only happen in online matches vs training? Yes

Upvote 0
    Hello, I am also receiving uncharacteristic frame drops. Mostly when grabbing a new disguise or aiming down sights.
    • Specs:
      • CPU: 5600x Ryzen 5
      • GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
      • 16 gb RAM
      • Game installed on SSD
      • I am on current AMD Drivers
      • I have DLSS off
        • Using AMD drivers
    • Only third party app I use is discord
    • Yes the problem seems to get worse as I continue to play. After about an hour or two I tend to close the game and steam and reopen the program.
    • I haven't tried playing training yet, but it happens consistently in multiplayer matches.

Upvote 0
    Here is a comparison from training mode where I hit 144fps and low frame time vs a in game lobby where i suddenly only hit 60-70 fps. Some games I hit 100+fps and some are still laggy. So I don't really know what to make of all of this.
    This is with the up to date Nvidia drivers.

Notice the difference in GPU usage, fame time and such for example. bad server.pngtraning mode.png

Upvote 0
    Your basic hardware information

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7
    GPU: NVIDIA 3060 Ti
    RAM: 16GB

Yes I do have the recent drivers installed

In game Graphics Settings

I have everything on low

DLSS is on and is set to performance and when I turn it off I get even lower frames

Do you run third party software in the background

Not that I'm aware of

Does this problem seem to get worse over time in game?

I get okay frames within the lobby waiting for the game to start around 70 to 80 frames but when I get into the actual map and start running around my frames range from 60 to 45

Does it only happen in online matches vs training?

seems to only happen online

Upvote 0
    I figure something out while testing. with a very odd solution for performance.
    tl:dr - hit [ESC] once.

while testing, I figured out that the results always makes no sense and then it hit me.

Syste:
    • CPU - Ryzen 7 2700
    • GPU GTX 1660 Super (can not do DLSS)
    • RAM 32GB
    • running on a M2 SSD
    • Win 10

Driver: the newest

About the performance:

In Training mode, everything runs smooth as it supposed to be.

in matches everything is half the performance and the GPU is just idling. After every map and lobby I have to do the ESC trick.
    but even with the ESC trick, I had once a performance dip on a certain map on a certain spot (will test some more) up to 20FPS low.

Settings:
    Medium Graphis settings​
    Vsync off​
    DLSS - off (GPU is not supportet)​
    DX12 - on​
    Intel Xess - medium (has some slightly performance boost)​

Upvote 0
    Asus Rog Strix G15 laptop with 16GB of ram. it comes with AMD Radeon RX 6800M 12GB GPU and AMD Ryzen 9 5980HX CPU.

I was running Asus Armory Crate, Steam, and AMD Software: Adrenaline Edition with its in-game performance overlay to track FPS.

In-game graphic settings on Ultra @ 1440p with vsync OFF produces dramatic fluctuations in FPS. Some areas produce up to 90 FPS but other areas produce around 45-50FPS a dramatic 40 FPS gap. I believe average FPS is 55.

Occurs in Online-matches more often I believe the higher the player count because when i join a online lobby with few players i stay around 90-100 FPS in the staging map. But once all players join i get around 60-70 FPS. I'm confident this transfers to the actual map once the game begins.

I confirm I'm on the latest AMD Radeon graphics driver 23.3.1.

Upvote 0
    I9-9900k
    32GB 3200
    3080ti 12gb
    Windows 10
    Latest driver tested and older drivers tested
    No other programs aside from discord and OBS
    Frames drop consistently especially on diamond spire and does not get better or worse the more I play, this is only on multiplayer. DLSS tried on and off, usually tried on max performance, still runs bad no matter what no noticable change

Upvote 0
    Specs:

i9-10850K
    32GB 3200Mhz DDR4
    RTX 4090 (531.41 - 03/23/2023)
    Everything on a Gen 4 NVMe
    WIndows 11 Pro (22H2 - 22621.1413)
    Playing at full 4K 120Hz

As with everyone else, training mode was perfect. In actual matches, if there's more than a few players and/or NPCs on the screen at once, I get pretty terrible FPS drops. I've tried everything from graphics on ultra to low. I've also tried DLSS mode on and off. None of those make a difference other than increasing the average FPS when it's not dropping.

I have tried DX12 which seemed to have helped a bit but I started getting UE crashes whenever in a match so I turned it off.

Upvote 0
    • RTX 2060 super, ryzen 5 3600, windows 10, 8 gb ram.
      • Im on the latest gpu updates.
    • Running on LOW graphics.
      • Do you have DLSS on? If so what setting, can you try turning it off and see what happens?
      • Yes I have.Play on dlss auto.Turning it off and switching low (cuz I need to in order to get a smooth fps) greatly decreases graphics and fps seems similar with dlss auto and I prefer LOW graphics with dlss auto for decent graphics and a stable fps.
    • No.
    • After the latest patch it feels smoother but not enough.When fighting 3v3 my fps drops to 30s.
    • Training area is the smoothest fps experience, when I join team matchmaking my fps drops significantly after everyone joins.

Upvote 0
    • Your basic hardware information (CPU/GPU/Windows version, Amount of ram)
      • CPU - Ryzen 9 5900x
      • GPU - Nvidia RTX 3080 (Driver 531.41; also tried the previous driver)
      • RAM - 32gb 3733mhz CL16
      • Drive - Crucial MX500 (4TB)
      • Windows Version - W10
      • Target Framerate: Unlimited (I maintain 650~ FPS in the menu screen before Q'ing up)
      • Resolution: 2560x1440 (16:9)
      • Graphics Preset: I've tried every preset and nothing helps. (For the purpose of this thread, all testing is done with Low Preset)
      • Display Mode: Fullscreen
      • Vsync: Off
      • Res Scale: 100
      • FOV: 110
      • DLSS: Disabled
      • DX12: Disabled (Enabling DX12 drops my FPS by an additional 20-30 average)
      • Portrait Animations: Disabled
      • Colorblindness Filters: Off
    • Do you run third party software in the background?
      • I tried with and without any background processes, nothing has helped.
      • Typically I run:
        • Discord
        • Voicemeeter
        • Steam
      • No, it happens from the very beginning.
      • Training Mode: 600-750 FPS avg
      • Tutorial: 700~ FPS avg; 1000+ max FPS
      • Multiplayer: Usually under 120 on most maps, with lows all the way in the 50s. I will try to get FPS numbers on each map once I have a chance to play this week again.
        • Diamond Spire:
        • Silver Reef: 100 avg; Dips down to the 50s
        • Fragrant Shore: 90 avg
        • Hard Sell:

Upvote 0