• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Gamer Weekender - Everything that happened

Looking amazing so far. Can't wait!

Someone in the Youtube comments said the voices are the same as the Rising Storm 1 voices. I always was a RO2 player with only a few hours in RS1 so I don't know. But is that true? If yes I guess it's because of the alpha status though.

Is that M16 overheating?
I wondered about this too. Now, I don't know how common it is in real life for a M16 to overheat but I really hope overheating in general will be a thing!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am reall hyped for this game and I'm waiting for a new post which is occupied with the new squad-system, any changes to the gamemodes, further explaination of the small scale gamemode (e.g. search & destroy!) and how match rounds are handeled in the game. RS2 really needs side and fraction switching at half time of the match (counted by rounds per match).

Upvote 0
Not at all! in fact, we've showed previous webms which show it's now animated when you change it.

You can press a button to switch it any time; we just have a menu setting so the game remembers if you prefer to spawn with semi or full auto as the default.

Good, you guys gave me a scare there, that's a nice feature, always hated having to switch firing modes on spawn with the MKB & AVT.

Upvote 0
Looking amazing so far. Can't wait!

Someone in the Youtube comments said the voices are the same as the Rising Storm 1 voices. I always was a RO2 player with only a few hours in RS1 so I don't know. But is that true? If yes I guess it's because of the alpha status though.

Mentioned previously (and in the trailer) that what we showed off was an Alpha Work In Progress. And we mean it, we want to let players know the state of the game (not a faked trailer like many titles do). Part of that was in the audio work with the trailer using placeholder items, many from Red Orchestra 2 & Rising Storm. We actually have our weapons recording session for Vietnam this month.

:)

Upvote 0
I wondered about this too. Now, I don't know how common it is in real life for a M16 to overheat but I really hope overheating in general will be a thing!
The only time gasses vent out of the side of an AR-15 is when the gun is cycling, due to it's direct impingement action. For an AR-15 to smoke from the receiver like that after firing requires at least several hundred rounds continuously fired from fully automatic, and that's assuming another part of the gun like the barrel or gas tube doesn't get destroyed first.

I'm just guessing it's a symptom of the game still being in Alpha and the some of the animations aren't quite synced up(the AK's bolt carrier takes awhile going back into battery at the end of the AK recoil segment as well).

Upvote 0
In theory it shouldn't be rocket science for modders to bring forward RO2/RS maps/weapons/factions into Vietnam.

Are the poly counts of the models and texture sizes increased or are they the same?
I feel if there was a significant increase could make it seem off if models were imported. (same goes for textures).

Upvote 0
Poly counts and texture sizes for weapons are roughly the same I believe, but the quality of the artwork has increased dramatically and we use completely new shaders. Weapons from the previous games look very dated beside the new ones, which is why any existing weapons that may happen to pop up again officially in RS2 will have received a fresh coat of paint so to speak.

Upvote 0
Poly counts and texture sizes for weapons are roughly the same I believe, but the quality of the artwork has increased dramatically and we use completely new shaders. Weapons from the previous games look very dated beside the new ones, which is why any existing weapons that may happen to pop up again officially in RS2 will have received a fresh coat of paint so to speak.

Yeah, that sounds good, so I take it this means Textures are redone (different style?) and better shaders. (You can tell the lighting is a lot more crisp, and vibrant in this version of UE3.)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
What's with the specularity or whatever its called on some of the guns in first person view? [url]http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/418460/ss_238999bc95e6083bb348b9fb62562949d5a41dcc.jpg?t=1457713432[/URL]
Its a nasty shine that makes the weapons look like plastic toys, a problem that was present in RS1 and a hideous offender in Battlefield 4
[url]http://www.battlefieldseries.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/battlefield-4-screenshots-Noshahr-Canals-3.jpg[/URL]

Lol, the M16 is mainly plastic (exterior)....
Didn't have any problems with Rising Storm, visually on max settings... IDK, is it a problem on lower settings?

Upvote 0