• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS PC Gamer - Rising Storm v Battlefield 4

It's hard to compare the two games. The often mentioned learning curve for Red Orchestra gameplay compared to the "I know what I get as I'm used to it" gameplay of BF4 is a big difference. I prefer the Red Orchestra gameplay but understand other people might prefer another approach.

Somewhere they seem to do something well as they sell plenty copies. The multiplatform helps here too. The multitude of people don't feel like doing to much difficulties to play a game. They fire up the X-Box or Playstation and play BF4 and with some more work on PC. They know what they can expect and get it served.Another things what helps is the huge marketing these games spend. People with a console will buy these games no matter how worse the release. They are lost for a niche PC game like RO already and will never return to PC gaming.

The focus of Red Orchestra should be on PC gamers who are probably willing to try something different and they should use the FREE after sales content as marketing. Meanwhile they must seek a solution to make the use of community content as easy as possible. That would help a lot.All the people I used to game with went to the Battlefield Franchise. I'm the last of the Mohican stubbornly playing RO 2 and creating content for it.I can't to play a game where I bring down a helicopter and the last moment the pilot jumps out to destroy my vehicle with C4........

Upvote 0
I so love the gameplay mechanic of RO games!

Never in my life have i experienced a better weapon handling. Hands down.

Rising Storm and Heros of Stalingrad feel as real as it gets to me.

Also the dirty realistic style of the game is really a blast to me.

I love how Red Orchestra feels and looks. Especially the new Rising storm looks nice, even without the nice cg effects of BF4.

Now that I said that I also have to say this:

I played BF3 for over 1300 hours. I played it in ESL and I played day and night.

I loved Bf3. But I would like Red Orchestra more!

IF and thats the thing....the gameplay would deliever more diversion.

The maps are nice for themselves - but they get old rather quick. Thats where BF is ahead of competition. It only very slowly got old.

Now how does this come I wonder?

One thing certainly is the variety of gamemodes. Another one is of course the huge amount of gear you can use.
And on top of THAT there are the vehicles.

You get sth for every playstile in this game and the maps tend to play a bit differently each time.

In Red Orchestra Rising storm you get only one gamemode. And this one tends to play allways rather the same because of the maps.

Now I have to say again: I love the gameplay! It feels just so good! But the maps are allways only played in one kind of way.

And I think allready the implementation of a gamemode similar to Conquest in BF would deliever so much more diversion to the game.
Of course the current maps are not really adequate for this yet. And a little bit of adjustments needed to be made. But theres so much potential in this.

And another thing is the lack of new maps! Well lack is not quite right since there are many good custom made maps. Only sadly they are NEVER populated.

Here Tripwire needs to get in touch with the community again! Official releases of maps from players just like Brigdes of Druzhina or Cold Steel deliever the much needed variety too!

And there are allready maps that have great quality! It just needs an offical label so people will actually play them^^

Also my great dream would be to have some maps with small vehicles like japanese tanks like the Type 95 and some equivalents of the americans. But pls not so badly integrated into the maps as they were in Heros of Stalingrad.
Most of the time the tanks were fighting their own war next to the infantry (pavlos house for example - one open field with barely any cover for the tanks to fight...)

With a little bit of adjustment and well designed maps small tanks could add so so much to the game.

Red Orchestra has more potential than currently used.

If the gamemodes and maps would get some adjustments at least for me as a big BF3 veteran - Red Orchestra would win the fight between these two.

Best regards!

Ps:What I am missing on Rising storm maps are a bit of the longer range engagements and maps that last longer. Bridges of Durzhina is a good example.

Fights on this map really feel like a Red Orchestra game is meant to be! Long dirty and epic! And the tank is really well integrated into this map too!

Upvote 0
one is mc donalds and one is a restaurant with a special kind of food.
One isp layed for the fast action the other one is for tactical gameplay and be immersed into the combat.

one has a $$$$$$ budget and one doesnt.

I dont know how you can compare both. Do i compare diablo and the the Might&Magic games ? Both are fantasy RPG's but totally different

Upvote 0