• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PAX Prime: Rising Storm and Killing Floor: Calamity

Next week, Tripwire Interactive will be at PAX Prime in Seattle, starting on Friday 30 August, at Booth 6602. We've got Rising Storm, the Pacific Theater shooter released in May for PC - already acclaimed as "the finest WWII multi-player shooter ever made" by PC Gamer and in their Top 100 PC Games of all time. And we also have the soon-to-be-released Killing Floor: Calamity, exclusively for the OUYA console, available to play in public. This is the first time anyone outside the development team has got their hands on the new title. A couple of couches, big-screen TVs, OUYAs and controllers - you get to take the weight off your feet AND play the upcoming game in its first public showing. And players can win one of a number of OUYA demo stations during the show. All you have to do is to kill enough Zeds in the new game!

And players can win one of a number of OUYA demo stations during the show.
Welp, I know what I'm not doing.

Seriously though, didn't the Ouya go under like 2 months ago? It was a plausable idea when it was first concieved, but it serves no purpose in the year 2013.

Any chance of calamity ever seeing a steam release? protip - the ouya is going nowhere but down

Upvote 0
Next week, Tripwire Interactive will be at PAX Prime in Seattle, starting on Friday 30 August, at Booth 6602. We've got Rising Storm, the Pacific Theater shooter released in May for PC - already acclaimed as "the finest WWII multi-player shooter ever made" by PC Gamer and in their Top 100 PC Games of all time. And we also have the soon-to-be-released Killing Floor: Calamity, exclusively for the OUYA console, available to play in public. This is the first time anyone outside the development team has got their hands on the new title. A couple of couches, big-screen TVs, OUYAs and controllers - you get to take the weight off your feet AND play the upcoming game in its first public showing. And players can win one of a number of OUYA demo stations during the show. All you have to do is to kill enough Zeds in the new game!

Can you give a link on live stream please at August 30?

Upvote 0
Indeed it was!

Thanks! I had a great time. :)

9667360647_a4a6d81635_b.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm not a native speaker of english and I couldn't understand a thing of what he said in the video. I would have preferred an actual gameplay video of KFC. Can someone says to me what that guys said in the video?

The game will be released in the next 2 or 3 months, it will be an Ouya exclusive for now, but that might change if the game is successful or highly rated by gamers. KFC is running on the Unity game engine and not Unreal 2 or 3 (like Killing Floor and The Ball on PC), the engine supports many platforms (Android, iOs, PC, consoles) so from a technical point of view the game can be easily ported and still look great.

The Ouya can display up to 60 enemies at the same time (a PC can put the players up against far more enemies) and so far the game seems only to be local coop, meaning you can play it with 3 friends on the same Ouya on your couch.

No word about the price. No details on perks, levels and amount of content in general (number of weapons?, new perks?)

KFC is developed in Sweden by Robin and his crew (the guy from Dwarfs) and he had a bunch of other ideas for the KF Franchise, a hypothetical KF RTS was mentioned (do it!).

So that was most of the stuff I could remember from the top of my head, I hope this helps. Couldn't find gameplay footage on youtube. Maybe the devs could throw something together?

Upvote 0
Wow, it's strange to know they used Unity. Even if I appreciate it a lot, it's pretty odd they "betrayed" Unreal Engine. Still, I hope to see the game ported for PC, even if I'm pretty curious about the Ouya. Don't know how to feel about a KF RTS.

Also, wouldn't the game on pc itself be lighter if done with Unity? I mean, we don't have to suffer from a terrible fps on certain maps like Hillbilly Horror and Steamland. Just Sayin'

Thanks for the information Kettch! :)

Upvote 0
Wow, it's strange to know they used Unity. Even if I appreciate it a lot, it's pretty odd they "betrayed" Unreal Engine. Still, I hope to see the game ported for PC, even if I'm pretty curious about the Ouya. Don't know how to feel about a KF RTS.

Also, wouldn't the game on pc itself be lighter if done with Unity? I mean, we don't have to suffer from a terrible fps on certain maps like Hillbilly Horror and Steamland. Just Sayin'

Thanks for the information Kettch! :)

Well they haven't betrayed Unreal engine as they had massive reasons behind it. The work to convert the game they originally randomly made up (Clamity with less tweaks as it is now) was extremely hard work. They said about Unity and they said that the advantages was just immense for this sort of game. They also said that the amount they can have on the game itself can hold 33k-66k FPS on the OUYA itself, let alone a PC. The whole map is one single texture, which gave them so many advantages.

I tell you what, they made a good move and so far, they are making another good one with the exclusively making it OUYA only till they get enough "push" to want to make it onto PC aswel. They said they can convert it to any platform they want with how they made it.

Definitely well played here TWI and hope for the best on your decisions. One more reason why I prefer you guys over any other developer company so far.

Upvote 0