• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Pavlov's House Beta 2

Problem...

Problem...

I think too that when you rename the files that you explain this to those that may not realize it, so that they can clean up their Redorchestra.ini and their servers of unneeded files. Not that it's a huge hassle but the names were changed by removing the _ in the names of the uniforms. Now even on the site that handles all the files has the mix of file names and the ones with the _ should be removed correct???

With what little bit of knowledge I've gained by being a server admin I usually pick up and clean up best I can and don't want to accidentally delete something I shouldn't.

This post should be explained to all modders and mappers or even include a readme.txt explaining what all files can be REMOVED and LINES from the .ini file and then include the additions for both the server and .ini, just to make it easier for the community of server admins and even those that may not want to end up with a mismatch error or something.

Upvote 0
I think too that when you rename the files that you explain this to those that may not realize it, so that they can clean up their Redorchestra.ini and their servers of unneeded files. Not that it's a huge hassle but the names were changed by removing the _ in the names of the uniforms. Now even on the site that handles all the files has the mix of file names and the ones with the _ should be removed correct???

With what little bit of knowledge I've gained by being a server admin I usually pick up and clean up best I can and don't want to accidentally delete something I shouldn't.

This post should be explained to all modders and mappers or even include a readme.txt explaining what all files can be REMOVED and LINES from the .ini file and then include the additions for both the server and .ini, just to make it easier for the community of server admins and even those that may not want to end up with a mismatch error or something.

Those are all excellent points. In the Readme ("PasteMe") that I supplied with the new uniform files, I did include instructions on which lines to add to the server and .ini, but you are correct that I did not note which old files or lines to REMOVE for Beta Two because they aren't necessary. So here they are:

Remove the following Beta One files (not necessary for Beta Two):
PavlovsHouse_T.utx
PavlovsHouseUniforms_C.u
PavlovsHouseUniforms.upl
RKKA_M41PaddedCoatA_Mod
RKKA_M41PaddedCoatB_Mod
"
"
"
RKKA_M41PaddedCoatO_Mod (So, all Player Record Class files A thru O need to go)

The removal of the underscore (_) in the new Player Record Class file names (Mod) was essential to successfully killing off the zombie bug. That's why the change needed to happen.

The following files were released with Beta Two and are required to make it work:

* EH-M41Telogreika_Tex.utx
* RKKA_M41TelogreikaUniforms.u
* RKKA_M41TelogreikaUniforms.upl
* RKKA_M41PaddedCoatAMod.u
* RKKA_M41PaddedCoatBMod.u
* RKKA_M41PaddedCoatCMod.u
* RKKA_M41PaddedCoatDMod.u
* RKKA_M41PaddedCoatEMod.u
* RKKA_M41PaddedCoatFMod.u
* RKKA_M41PaddedCoatGMod.u
* RKKA_M41PaddedCoatHMod.u
* RKKA_M41PaddedCoatIMod.u
* RKKA_M41PaddedCoatJMod.u

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ty...

Ty...

Thanks, I wasn't really concerned myself but for others running servers I thought it would be good to know what can go when new releases come out, not just for this mod or maps but for all in general.

You should also make the website that has all the files on it to remove the _ files that way they'll be squashed from anyone downloading them. I don't know who runs that site but this way they could keep clean sets out there...

Thanks again and keep up the good work...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You should also make the website that has all the files on it to remove the _ files that way they'll be squashed from anyone downloading them. I don't know who runs that site but this way they could keep clean sets out there...

Well, because the site tries to be the largest map repository, we want to have all maps in all "huntable" versions, you choose what version to play - and you have all file support to do that, but if b1 is buggy and b2 is not - we decide to do as we was asked, anyway in that case noone would play this buggy one ;)
So "bad" RKKA files are removed.

Upvote 0
Ty...

Ty...

Thanks, I was just making the suggestion and I understand where you are coming from.

I just assumed that it would be best to only have latest versions and it seemed that was what your site was doing because I've only ever seen newer beta files as new betas are released and the others have been removed. When going out there which I do almost every single week to look for anything new to add to our server I just noticed that the non-working _ files were still out there and could confuse others who may have tried getting rid of any errors their server may have been reporting and to keep from getting mismatch errors etc. or for even getting a particular map to work period.

I do want to say though you definitely have the best map repository and must say keep up the good work, it's my one stop shop to keep my server running up to the latest and without errors... Thanks again.

Upvote 0
I have not been able to play this map. It does not show up in my maplist. I removed the files from B1. When I try to open the map in the editor I get the following error

"Bad expr token 55

History: SerializeExpr <- (55) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Class myLevel.M1937Factory_B1) <- UState::Serialize <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class myLevel.M1937Factory_B1) <- LoadObject <- (Class myLevel.M1937Factory_B1 33792247==33792247/38935662 33792172 110) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::Exec_Map <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (MAP LOAD FILE="C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra\Maps\RO-P).. <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- FileOpen <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop"

I have played the map online in other servers but cannot play it in practice or in server mode.

Anyone have any ideas?

Upvote 0