• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Paused (stuck connecting, unable to join servers)

҈Oc†ө

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Actually, i'm not having this issue, but one of my friends is having it, unfortunatelly he doesn't understand a word of english, so thats the reason i'm posting this here.

The prob is that he can't play in ANY server, as soon as he tries to connect, the game gets stuck connecting and shows a message in blue characters that says "PAUSED"

I've seen 2 more threads with the same issue here but none got a reply.

Any help would be much apreciated

Last edited:
i have the same problem... i dont see server in the in-game server browser.

i can try join a server with the steam browser, but i will never join cause the connection is PAUSED by the game..

so i cant play online.....

why?... and why me? -.-'''

can someone please help me before i do something stupid? :D thaaaaanks.

PS: sorry for bad english

Upvote 0
I hope this will be some help.
I get this paused in blue letters when I try to join some times.
I find that if I wait for some time( a few minutes )I will join the server and play the game or get the connection lost error (I think it could be the server loading new map)
Hope this helps until they fix the bug.

D

Upvote 0
Hi, i had the same issue,
no servers found after a refresh, connection lost, router lost,
steam servers didn't work either. Typical solutions didn't work but for this solution i found in another post.

so first thing , get your NAT/firewall sesions at maximum level. My zyxel can do 4096 sessions at a time (default it was around 1000). Servers unseen connection lost solved ! :)

Tru steam also, but what is the point in launching a game tru steam servers, since you need to wait literally 5 min before the game launches... (not all the time but 70/30)

Additionally if this doesnt help you can stop your firewall (on the router at least) and check if it works then. I stopped my router FW just to be sure.

So now the servers are found, but the sound stopped in my last game...

I hope this helped a tiny bit for some :p

the game is nice once you can play it. :cool:

link to pic
http://www.filesonic.com/file/2032882154

edit : if you have multiple users on the same router , it's best probably only to assign a max of around 1500 i read, but more is better imo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, i had the same issue,
no servers found after a refresh, connection lost, router lost,
steam servers didn't work either. Typical solutions didn't work but for this solution i found in another post.

so first thing , get your NAT/firewall sesions at maximum level. My zyxel can do 4096 sessions at a time (default it was around 1000). Servers unseen connection lost solved ! :)

Tru steam also, but what is the point in launching a game tru steam servers, since you need to wait literally 5 min before the game launches... (not all the time but 70/30)

Additionally if this doesnt help you can stop your firewall (on the router at least) and check if it works then. I stopped my router FW just to be sure.

So now the servers are found, but the sound stopped in my last game...

I hope this helped a tiny bit for some :p

the game is nice once you can play it. :cool:

link to pic
[url]http://www.filesonic.com/file/2032882154[/URL]

edit : if you have multiple users on the same router , it's best probably only to assign a max of around 1500 i read, but more is better imo.

my router is Netgear dgn1000, i am looking for Nat, but i can just disable it.. no way to increase connections! unlucky ^^'

but.. thanks.. i will try to change something in the router now :D

Upvote 0
I can't even play this game anymore!
Forget the awful performance and bugged unlock system (why is this even in the game?), but now I can't connect to most servers.
Just says paused/connecting for 90% of all servers.

And I've tried everything, opening all the ports for Killing Floor and Ostfront (why aren't the RO2 ports listed!?), opening the punkbuster ports, opening the steam ports, updating punkbuster. I've got no firewall.
Nothing works.

It's a shame, I actually sort of like this game, but looking through these forums and seeing how unlikely it is I'll get any response means I probably just wasted $40.

Upvote 0