• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Patriarch Weapon? LAW vs M32

Reallifeh8er

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2014
Equestria
Which weapon is the better one to combat the Patriarch?

VS

Many tend to pick up the LAW for it's super heavy damage output. I prefer the M32 for it's rapid fire + overwhelming Damage-per-second, once all 6 rounds are fired.

From the KF Wiki (pictures are linked to kf wiki) we get pretty accurate info.

> The LAW deals 950 Base Damage on direct body hit
> The M32 deals 350 Base Damage on direct body hit * 6 mag size = 2100 MAX possible Base Damage output

Now if we want to get the DPS ratio, we get the (Weapon with more DPS) / (Weapon with lesser DPS) = 2100/950 ~ 2.21...

But let's not forget: Both the LAW & the M32 take their sweet reload time. The M32 needs even longer to fully reload than the LAW. While a single accurate LAW rocket delivers about 3 times damage output of a M32/79 grenade, the M32 requires 6 accurate shots to overwhelm the DPS of the LAW.

Is anyone else using M32 > LAW ?

(next: Flamethrower VS Husk Cannon... ... ... :rolleyes:)

I only grab the Law as a Support with the pAArty 12, and the M32 as a Commando, on patty wave, so my opinion is null.

As for your next question: Huskcannon, hands down. Probably my favourite anti pat weapon, qnd when used with the Poopgun, it fills the role that you would have with the Flamethrower, only better. There is only one reason why you grab the flamethrower on Pat wave, and that's to blow up Pat's rockets. There are so many weapons that perform the job of killing pat better, but few excell in blowing up Pat's rockets like the Flamethrower.

Upvote 0
I guess if you stack nades and set them off you can deal plenty of damage quickly to patty with the m32.

However reloading the m32 from empty to full takes ages, the LAW takes much less time to prep between each "full barrage." Plus you only have to land one shot for maximum effect, whereas m32 can incur misses/self damage when patty charges.

BUT, the strongest strategy against patty as demo is still the pipebomb hat. :IS2:

Upvote 0
M32.
a) I'm probably carrying it already if I'm a demo, and I can buy pipes with the money to swap weapons
b) You still have anti-infantry abilities. If there're 5 crawlers behind you, one shot will kill them, and you'll have reloaded far quicker than a LAW.
c) If you're smacking him, then letting him run away and come back then I normally find I have plenty of time to reload.
d) If he's around for longer than expected, you can just keep reloading 1 grenade and firing it, meaning that even if you aren't putting out the best DPS, you're putting out the maximum amount of damage for the time he's there.

Favourite wepaons though? Xbow and flare (maybe katana too) (cheesey as they may be). You can solo the Patty with these easily. Not much else that can do that if your team sucks.

Upvote 0
Law.

6 times less smoke. 6 times less moving the patty around. Less aiming. Almost twice the damage per ammo pool (20900 vs 12600). Greater chance that after your shot patty will take a knee and flee. Also, most demos I've seen using M32 score only 2-3 hits per mag, because, surprise, Patty moves. They also tend to get distracted by trash zeds and end up with not fully reloaded weapon when he comes back.

Upvote 0
Law.

6 times less smoke. 6 times less moving the patty around. Less aiming. Almost twice the damage per ammo pool (20900 vs 12600). Greater chance that after your shot patty will take a knee and flee. Also, most demos I've seen using M32 score only 2-3 hits per mag, because, surprise, Patty moves. They also tend to get distracted by trash zeds and end up with not fully reloaded weapon when he comes back.
Solid point ;)
But I'm not a bad player. When his children come, I always have another weapon in my backpack to deal with them :)

And what do you do if you have the LAW and his children come to distract you? Or do you mean those demomen fire their M32 at them?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So you're an xbow medic?

xbow zerker by preference. Better melee ability, and once your armour's gone you aren't useless.

Depends on how competent my team are. If I'm with rubbish people there's no point in standing and fighting him. If I'm playing with friends or the team seems to be halfway competent I'll give it a go.
If you got a katana (or even a knife) you can stunlock him, as well as stand on pipes to deal large damage, and a good xbow shot to the head deals a lot of damage even offperk. Just because someone's an xbow medic doesn't mean they'll screw the team and leave them to burn regardless.

General strategy: get the demo to stack 5 (or so) pipes in a doorway. Stand nearby, but not on them (so they don't get blown up). When the patty starts rushing, stand on the pipes, pop a bolt through his head (if I have time) then swap to melee. Get punted, so he's standing on the pipes when they go off. Grab a heal while everyone else is AA12ing him, then go stand back in the/a doorway. Stop him leaving if possible, chase him and Xbow him to stop him healing if possible, return to party.
Then combination of stunlock/Xbow him until 3-4 members of the team are dead, and kite with Xbow after that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0