• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Patched Already?

Yeah back to 30-40 fps with medium , i was getting perfect 60 vsync capped with ultra with the latest beta patch .

It's like they said , "you know what ? forget the fix , let's go with the one with obvious performance issues instead" , and to top it off we get the performance of the bad betas without the 90 fov , wonderful .

Upvote 0
precisely this.

Pretending that there are no issues is not helping anyone and only doing a disservice to both the players and twi. These are paying customers that are having issues with a product they bought. They have every right to voice their frustration, regardless of whether or not you want to hear it.

But then, this is par for the course isn't it? The vaunted "maturity" of the ro fanbase is nothing but a veneer. Playacting and puffing your chests up so that you can look down your nose at fans of other games.

People have a problem with the game? Tell them to be quiet. Insult them. Tell them it's probably their fault. These "fans" should be ashamed of themselves.

For the record, let's add one more to the "doesn't play smoothly" crowd. I7 2600k quad core, 12 gb ddr3, radeon 6870hd 2gb, running from an ssd drive. Brand new system, every single driver up to date. That there's any stuttering at all on a system that powerful is unacceptable, even on max settings. Regardless, i'm routinely cut down to sub 30 frames when in wider areas.

But of course, i'm an idiot and it must be my fault for having a 'bad computer'. I should just stop talking. It couldn't possibly be that there's actually performance related bugs.

It doesn't matter if the person complaining is in the minority. They paid just as much for their game as you did for yours. They are just as entitled to an enjoyable experience as you are, and they aren't getting it. Telling them not to complain is just plain silly, and more than a little bit selfish and arrogant.

+1

Upvote 0
Lower your graphics and stop whining :rolleyes:

Yeah I run max settings on BC2 in directx 11 at 1920x1080 with 8x AA and ambient occlusion with crossfired 5850s and a 3.5ghz quadcore and stay between 50-80 fps.

I drop under 30 all the time on high settings in RO2. That is straight up ****ty optimization which I'm sure will improve in a month. Doesn't mean it doesn't give me the ****s now. This game has the visuals of a 2006-2007 release, anyone with a half decent system should have no performance issues.

Anyway, I'm still playing and enjoying it. Just got to stick to the 32man servers to avoid ludicrous pings.

Upvote 0
Precisely this.

Pretending that there are no issues is not helping anyone and only doing a disservice to both the players and TWI. These are paying customers that are having issues with a product they bought. They have EVERY RIGHT to voice their frustration, regardless of whether or not YOU want to hear it.

But then, this is par for the course isn't it? The vaunted "maturity" of the RO fanbase is nothing but a veneer. Playacting and puffing your chests up so that you can look down your nose at fans of other games.

People have a problem with the game? Tell them to be quiet. Insult them. Tell them it's probably their fault. These "fans" should be ashamed of themselves.

For the record, let's add one more to the "doesn't play smoothly" crowd. i7 2600k quad core, 12 GB DDR3, Radeon 6870HD 2GB, running from an SSD drive. Brand new system, every single driver up to date. That there's ANY stuttering at all on a system that powerful is unacceptable, even on max settings. Regardless, I'm routinely cut down to sub 30 frames when in wider areas.

But of course, I'm an idiot and it must be my fault for having a 'bad computer'. I should just stop talking. It couldn't possibly be that there's actually performance related bugs.

It doesn't matter if the person complaining is in the minority. They paid just as much for their game as you did for yours. They are just as entitled to an enjoyable experience as you are, and they aren't getting it. Telling them not to complain is just plain silly, and more than a little bit selfish and arrogant.

+2 Zippy infract that.

Upvote 0
Spoiler!

Let's put some moist dirt on these flames.

EDIT:
No, it isn't fair to say: "just lower your graphics and stop whining". I agree.
Yet, the complaint regarding performance on high dipping below 30 fps was expressed somewhat plaintively ;).

lol

Read through some threads and see some more of his posts, basically all along the same lines as that one.

Upvote 0