• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Patch update error?

hwxlhrider, please try turning off the Steam community beta. That may or may not be part of the problem, but it will help us narrow it down. And the reason why noone knows the answer to your problem, is because it seems to be a brand new problem that just cropped up, wasn't experienced by any 1 of the devs or 500 people that we had beta test this version of the game. So its going to take some troubleshooting and time to determine what the issue is. We definitely can't fix a problem if we can't narrow it down and reproduce it. So please provide as much info as possible, and we're try and replicate and fix the problem.
I tried that once and forgot shutting it off didn't work , so you're probably right![/qoute]

Upvote 0
runtime redorchestra.exe error.

runtime redorchestra.exe error.

Why are the properties tab for redorchestra.exe to launch not locating the target?
Was the target wrong in the first place? this is what was listed as a target on the shortcut tab.
"C:\Program Files\Steam\redorchestra.exe"-applaunch1200
So, when I click find target it changes to:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" It still gets a runtime error, after launching from the steam control panel.
And if I change the target to "C:/ProgramFiles/Steam/Redorchestra.exe"
It still makes a runtime error.
And when I put "'C:\Program Files\Steam\redorchestra.exe"-applaunch1200
(back there is a shortcut problem =) The name "'C:\Program [ yes that is a single quote and a double quote on the left side of "'C:\ This is how it displays on my PC and won't go away. ]
Files\Steam\redorchestra.exe"-applaunch1200' specified in the Target box is not valid.Make sure the path and file name are correct." I didn't add the extra single quote or the -applaunch1200 either. Then when I click ok on the shortcut problem window to close it. And click on the OK or Apply button on the property window the shortcut error keeps popping on.
Now I trace that find target to steamapps/common/red orchestra/system folder and double click on redorchestra.exe and it tells me steam.dll was not found and reinstalling may fix the problem.
My question is reinstalling what Steam or Red Orchestra, or both? I can find one steam.dll file without reinstalling but I don't how many there might be.

Upvote 0
Still waiting.

Still waiting.

Could McCafee Security Center be the idiots that caused this problem?
Just wondering cuz I re-installed mine when the wrong programs splash screen started popping up when I launched McCafee Security system, and its still doing it now, even after. Just trying to help!
They do have a long list of 3 party software that isn't compatible.

Upvote 0
Everyone whom is having issues,

We want you to know that Tripwire absolutely does care and IS looking into the problem. There was a micro-patch released yesterday that should fix the issue for many users. If you are still having issues we are willing to work with you.

Do not post to complain or rant, it clogs the important information. If you are having problems, post your system specifications, post what you have tried to do to fix your problems, and try them again.

Things to try/do:
Validate - make sure to validate your game since the micro-patch was recently released.
Drivers - Drivers are EXTREMELY important for many of you having problems. You MUST update your card drivers and directX, if you haven't recently I recommend this.
Configuration Files - Delete your RedOrchestra.ini file and try starting the game.

Fallback: It is possible to revert the game to using DX8 rendering methods, these are not supported by TW nor are they efficient. Search around this thread for that fix, Zetsumei has posted it plenty of times.

The root of most problems are DirectX9 incompatable cards. If you have a DirectX9 compatable card and are having issues, and if you've tried reverting to the DirectX8 renderer, you aren't having the same issues as most people. In this case your drivers are most likely old or RO is corrupt. Validate, Update Drivers.

Upvote 0
Look up all threads for this incedent written by Zetsumei, I'm not exactly sure about the spelling.
There is an exact code change I made to make mine work again. Follow all threads written by Zetsumei try them and make the code changes in redorchestra.ini file. I would give it to you if I saved them but I lost them. Best of luck!

Upvote 0
i have tried all the code changes, tried verifying files after deleting system folder... tried everything, only thing is, my RedOrchestra.ini file never had the "Bloom" settings in it, and even when i used Zetsumei's to test, that never worked either :s
bit annoying since i have actually found an online game i find hard to fault!!
just out of interest though, this steam community thing... how do i turn it off?

Upvote 0
hey, read through this thread, and tried everything suggested, all the code changes etc... verifying steam files having deleted system folder etc!
but still it no worky!
only thing is, my RedOrchestra.ini file never had a Bloom setting, and although i added one in, it still doesn't work... same runtime error message :s
is there a patch out yet? i think my RO updated but can't be sure

Upvote 0