Patch update error?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

joe1013

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 11, 2006
Yeah, this is ridiculous. First off, I downloaded the Beta to help with that, and it only worked like once. Now, with the new patch, I can now not even open the game on the computer without the message ID'ed in the first post in this thread. What gives? shouldn't this be like a priority repair? This is very lame. I reinstalled the whole darn game which took nearly all afternoon on this laptop, only to be screwed again with the same message. I appreciate all this code stuff above but, seriously, unless you work for Intel how in the heck are you supposed utilize these procedures as an average gameplayer?

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
The problem is nobody knows yet what the exact fix is so people try things out till they found it, thats why log files can be improtant because they show info.

Everybody that gets the problem can you post your vidcard?

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
have you tried updating the catalyst drivers. (don't upgrade to 7.8 lots of problems reported with that) Try say 7.7 or maybe the bioshock hotfix one.

Make sure you correctly uninstall your vidcard using ati's unistall utility and perhaps drivercleaner.

and in your ini files have you tried disabling the bloom, aa and af? before starting the game up.

And just to get this right you get the error when you just start up ro:eek: right?

D-Es-C-H

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 15, 2006
have you tried updating the catalyst drivers. (don't upgrade to 7.8 lots of problems reported with that) Try say 7.7 or maybe the bioshock hotfix one.

I just updated to 7.8 in an attempt to fix this problem. :(

Make sure you correctly uninstall your vidcard using ati's unistall utility and perhaps drivercleaner.

and in your ini files have you tried disabling the bloom, aa and af? before starting the game up.

We tried everything that Putz mentioned.

And just to get this right you get the error when you just start up ro:eek: right?

Yes.

Bristow

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 29, 2007
Same problem here also... Worked fine yesterday. Download the update and BOOM, won't start up.

I restarted, defragged, erased folders, blah blah blah. Nothing.

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
I just updated to 7.8 in an attempt to fix this problem. :(

We tried everything that Putz mentioned.

Yes.

in putz his list nothing is stated about disabling bloom in the ini file and aa and af in the ini file. Its worth trying out atleast ;)

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
Open up redorchestra.ini

under
[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
Bloom=False

under the renderer like d3d etc d3d9x etc

UseNPatches=False
LevelOfAnisotropy=0
QualityLevels=0
MultiSamples=0
ForceFSAAScreenshotSupport=False

the redorchestra.log that i'd like to see

is in steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra\system\redorchestra.log

D-Es-C-H

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 15, 2006
I don't see any of those things listed.

Am I in the right file? The one that looks like a notepad with a gear called 'red Orchestra'?

EDIT: I also don't see a file called 'redorchestra.log'

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
Here is my redorchestra.ini maybe yours is corrupt in an odd way try using mine just change resolution. (although i have all options on on)

Attachments

• RedOrchestra.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 0

D-Es-C-H

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 15, 2006
Same error message.

Here is some new information. When I clicked on the 'R' icon inside the system folder, it says 'the application has failed to start because Steam.dll was not found. reinstalling the application may fix this problem.'

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
Same error message.

Here is some new information. When I clicked on the 'R' icon inside the system folder, it says 'the application has failed to start because Steam.dll was not found. reinstalling the application may fix this problem.'

you can fetch that steam.dll from your main steam folder and copy it over. But thats not the reason for the problem.

I really cant think of anything else now than a software exploit between some hardware. Inside steam did you try disabling the "enable steam community in-game".

Another test for the moment.

Can you atleast start the game up
if you change:

[Engine.Engine]
RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

to

[Engine.Engine]
;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice

that will use the openGL renderer.

I'm off to bed but tomorrow i'll try and help some more and ask around a bit.