• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Patch for Server issues plus ZoneAlarm issues

Patch for Server issues plus ZoneAlarm issues

The patch that was tested over the last few days is now being applied across all clients. The main focus of this patch is improving the stability and performance of the Ostfront dedicated server software for both Windows and Linux. Also included in the patch are client side fixes, server admin requested functionality, and functionality requested by TeamWarfare League for league/ladder play. The detailed change log for this patch is included in the forum post under the "Discuss this article..." link below.

The patch will be applied to all clients automatically through Steam; to update servers please run the HLDS update tool.

While ZoneLabs are still working on a formal fix for the issue lurking there, Valve have identified an improved work-around from the one found by one of our users and posted on the forums (thanks, Kamikaze!). This will be included in a patch as a BETA, until it is verified as stable. In order to enable this Beta patch, please CLICK HERE to refer to the detailed instructions on how to activate it. On the full ZoneLabs "permanent" fix, we were told to expect a test version last Friday, but we are still waiting for it.

Once again, we have to say thanks to everyone who bought the game thus far. For those who still have issues, they ARE our top priority right now. The programming team is working on bug fixes; the art and level design teams are chewing through a LOT of optimisation tasks right now and we should see the benefit of all that work in the next couple of weeks.

Change Log for the patch:

RO Retail 1.001 Changelog

**Additions**

- Added the Friendly Fire Punishment options
to the webadmin and in game server
configuration menus for easier access.

- Added the Death Message Mode settings to
the webadmin and in game configuration
menus for easier access.

- Added the ability to see the all player's
unique IDs (basically a version of the Steam ID)
in game. Type the command "ListPlayers" to get
a list of all player's IDs. (Requested by
Team Warfare League.)

**Fixes**

- Fixed a bug where webadmin would stop
responding and the server's ping would show
as "?" in the server browser.

- Fixed a memory leak that affected both clients
and servers. This memory leak would essentially
cause two maps to be loaded into memory at the
same time greatly increasing ram and CPU usage.

- Fixed a recoil related bug affecting both bolt
action rifles and semi automatic rifles that
would cause the shot to be far off of where the
player aimed occasionally when playing online.

- Fixed a bug where TK banning was not working
properly.

- Updated Linux server with improved stability.

- Fixed a typo in the server browser heading.

- Fixed an exploit where players could have no
both no motion blur and no alternate "blackout"
effect by using certain driver and setting
combinations.

Upvote 0
Game freezes up after patch

Game freezes up after patch

I've been playing regularly with no problems until today. After this patch automatically installed my game freezes up when I click on multiplayer and I can't even get to my desktop and I'm forced to restart my computer.

Any ideas? Can I uninstall it somehow and hope that it reinstalls automatically and fixes the problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Upvote 0