• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Patch 1016 feedback

[-project.rattus-]

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Austria
www.youtube.com
After having tested the patch for a little bit, there are two gripes with it:

1) The performance is almost halved. My average fps dropped from 50-60 down to 30-40. The performance is quite stable though, i haven't noticed an additional slowdown due to smoke nades.

2) Class designations. Why do they have to be in english? This is a real immersion breaker for me. AT least make it optional to activate the original class designations instead of the english ones.

EDIT: Still, I think its a great patch! Thanks TW... but after rereading, my post sounded so whiney, so I had to add this "cheese" ;)

Last edited:
[-project.rattus-] said:

1) The performance is almost halved. My average fps dropped from 50-60 down to 30-40. The performance is quite stable though, i haven't noticed an additional slowdown due to smoke nades.

2) Class designations. Why do they have to be in english? This is a real immersion breaker for me. AT least make it optional to activate the original class designations instead of the english ones.

Same one's for me. And the smoke grenades barely help, even actually hinder since the enemy knows their using the smoke grenades for cover and just spray into the cloud.

Upvote 0
[-project.rattus-] said:

I thought I noticed a decrease in performance as well, although I don't usually have FPS up, so I can't say empirically.
Class designations can be switched back by running Steam in the german language, but obviously that makes everything else in German too, which isn't a particularly effective way of getting old names back.
An in-game option would be much more useful.

Upvote 0
Zbojnik said:
Anybody having problems connecting to certain servers. For example I tried connecting to FK #1 Server, and first I download all these big files that take 5 minutes and then some error comes up and I can't connect.

The server probably hasn't updated yet.

As for performance: I seem about the same in practice mode, but the averge FPS reading is stuck at 2-3 FPS for some odd reason.

Upvote 0
[-project.rattus-] said:

EDIT: Still, I think its a great patch! Thanks TW... but after rereading, my post sounded so whiney, so I had to add this "cheese" ;)

Unfortunately I have overall major FPS decreases as well, also without smoke. With smoke it gets even worse.

Also I agree to bring back the old class names. There was no need to change something which brings atmosphere in the game and was accepted by the community since almost three years now. :rolleyes:

These negative aspects aside. The new map is awesome and the smoke grenades seem to be a nice new feature.

Upvote 0
Haven't had much time with it but I do not like the new class names. Given the fact there's giant pictures and a huge description of the class, I can't say I really accept the reason behind it.

New map I don't like. Not for the map itself but because practically everyone has an smg (at least on russians) It felt too much like playing DoD: S again. (I find dods an utterly disgusting game btw)

That beind said, new map is pretty good but soviets seem to get into the trench too easy. Before germans can set up a defense.

Upvote 0
my preformance is still the same or SLIGHTLY better.
but thats still means its pretty appalling.... i got a frecking X1900XT (@well over XTX speeds) and i get regular slowdowns to sub 20 FPS, specialy when im looking in the directly of a lot of fighting... that there is a building between the fighting and me dusnt seem to make any difference.

anyway :

as for smokenades being useless, your probably using them wrong.
i've allready used them quite a bit and they can be really usefull. but you need to place them correctly.

Upvote 0
^Dee^ said:
That beind said, new map is pretty good but soviets seem to get into the trench too easy. Before germans can set up a defense.

Exactly were the germans hung over or something like come on where's the realism in the germans not actually manning the front trenches when the attack begins, this could have been should be the best part of the map imho but you make the germans start 50 metres from the front line. The devs missed a great opportunity imho it could have been great the germans waiting in the trenches like they would be realistically waiting for the attack through the trees and fog and then the mgs opening up as the first russian wave charges in, thats where the smoke would have come in for the russians.
I like the patch and everything but i just feel they missed an opportuniy for a cinematic start to the map.
BTW i play russian mostly but i feel they should have focused more on the start.

Upvote 0
Ron said:
The devs missed a great opportunity imho it could have been great the germans waiting in the trenches like they would be realistically waiting for the attack through the trees and fog and then the mgs opening up as the first russian wave charges in, thats where the smoke would have come in for the russians.

Many times the germans fell back from the front line during the initial bombardment so the Soviets pounded on empty trenches instead of Germans. Then rushed back to meet the attack.

Upvote 0