• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Part 1 of an interview at Team Warfare League

Strange views of Allen Wilson

Strange views of Allen Wilson

Well the setting is the Eastern Front, which is not as well trod as the Africa or the Western Front where UK and Americans are always good and the German are bad. This setting there are no real goodies and baddies so there is more of a balanced feel.
The Germans that killed more than 20 million Soviet people were 'no real baddies' and the Soviets that defended thier country against the Germans were in contrast to UK and US 'no real goodies'?! Allen Wilson seems not to know that the Germans invaded the USSR with the intention to wipe out its population. The Soviets saved Slavs and Jews (and not only in the USSR) from total extermination by the Germans! How can you feel 'balanced' about that?

Upvote 0
Peter said:
The Germans that killed more than 20 million Soviet people were 'no real baddies' and the Soviets that defended thier country against the Germans were in contrast to UK and US 'no real goodies'?! Allen Wilson seems not to know that the Germans invaded the USSR with the intention to wipe out its population. The Soviets saved Slavs and Jews (and not only in the USSR) from total extermination by the Germans! How can you feel 'balanced' about that?

I guess he meant to say no real baddies in comparision to each other, both Countries did have a History of Atrocities, and neither Hitler or Stalin were good. So if you just compare the USSR and the Third Reich, one can say no goodie and no baddie, but both were rather on the bad side.

Upvote 0
Peter said:

You do know that Stalin put his OWN people in slave labor camps and killed/deported pretty much anytype of person not only a specific target like the Nazi's did to the Jews and such right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Stalin#The_purges

Upvote 0
Excellent... I was wondering if the BA-6 style armored car was going to make it in... and I now know.

And regarding Stalin, he made Hitler look like a weekend warrior in regarding to how many people he killed... Stalin was an Ass, and if he did not die when he did, he would of started ww3...

But its all history, and getting worked up about it is pointless... war is war... in the end, no one "wins", you simply have fewer people to bury.

Shadehunter

Upvote 0
Peter said:

The point is that both leaders and regimes would be considered "bad", while in other games there are "good" Americans and Brits... not that either regime was "good". Read more carefully next time.

Oh - and ffs, it is "Alan"!

Upvote 0
Witzig said:
I guess he meant to say no real baddies in comparision to each other, both Countries did have a History of Atrocities, and neither Hitler or Stalin were good. So if you just compare the USSR and the Third Reich, one can say no goodie and no baddie, but both were rather on the bad side.
If you compare them, you will notice that the Third Reich is on the bad side and the USSR ist not. (Please read the link I have posted then you will understand what I mean.) More than ever if you compare it with the US that commited genocide against native Americans, dropped 2 atomic bombs on cities, had an army with racial segregation and that is considered by Wilson as 'always good'.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
The point is that both leaders and regimes would be considered "bad",
The point is, that the German leader/regime was much worse.
[RO]Wilsonam said:
while in other games there are "good" Americans and Brits... not that either regime was "good". Read more carefully next time.</p>
I did. But you did not say 'in other games'. You said 'Africa or the Western Front' and compared it with the Eastern Front. It would interest me, how you make sure, that in the GAME 'Red Orchestra' there is 'more of a balanced feel' comparing with other WW2 FPS where Allies are 'always good and the German are bad'? . . . . @Postdeleter Plz don't delete my post again. It is obviously on topic, because I have a question on the statement given by Wilson in the interview.

Upvote 0