• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map PariserPlatz-Final

SchutzeSepp

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 23, 2006
the final version of PariserPlatz is done!
i gave the entire map a facelift, and added botsupport so i can give it a chance in the competition

DOW>LOAD HERE: http://www.maporchestra.com/downloads/p13_sectionid/23/p13_fileid/302
changelog:

- completely rebuild brandenburger gate from zero, is now accurate in size
looks better and has damage
- reworked the terrain
- remade the facade of the odessa buildings, so they fit in berlin environment
- many buildings are now partially enterable
- added a new player class: the volkssturm, with new outfit!
- germans have more reinforcements
- added one more spawn to german side
- more panzerfausts to pick up
- botsupport! it's not perfect, but it works
- tweaked some spawns
- german panther will respawn 4 times instead of 3
- added a immobilised sturmgeshutz to defend the pariserplatz objective
- round lasts 5 minutes longer
- germans spawn in a bit further at beginning, so they dont start whoring the allies when they leave spawn
- did i mention the new VOLKSSTURM class??

volkssturm have bolts and semi's with fewer reload clips, compared to regular troops
setImgWidth();

setImgWidth();
skins and class codings were all done by fennich FJR6
setImgWidth();

Last edited:
strange, if it was a bug in the map then everybody would have the zombie thing going on.
but it only happens to some people, so it must be something on their side.
the code that gives the random uniforms is the same as the one that picks the random faces.
but the custome textures were in high res, now they are in low res. the same quality but files are 10 times smaller.

Upvote 0
we believe it was caused by low performance pc's, as there is nothing wrong with the map.

Well I have a very fast pc (2 core , 2Gb memory and 7900GTX gpu with 1 Gb) and it was there every time I played this map. So I really doubt it has something to do with the client side.
I know for sure this error was in the first version of the map.
I sure hope it's gone in this version since it ruins the atmosphere completely.
Great work on the new class.

Monk.

Upvote 0
I think I've fixed the zombie bug!

BUT

as I've never had the bug happen to me, I can't test it!!!!

What i need is for servers & people who have experienced the bug to download & install the files and let me know if the bug still occurs. The files are available here:

[edit - link removed cos the fix didn't work - I did say I thought I'd fixed it but couldn't be tested - but now it has been tested & found not to work but the problem is now much better understood]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bug only happens if you download the map from a server.

If I'm correct, then if a server has the fix files & edits their RedOrchestra.ini as per the instructions included with the files, then those who DL the map from that server should be able to play without the bug happening. Those who don't get the bug won't be affected, but having the extra (tiny) files shouldn't be a problem. It would seem that the problem lies with getting the .upl files via a server. the new files contain the same info as contained in the .upl but in a dl-from-server-friendly format.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It's a very nice map, very fun to play.

However, having been to Berlin before for myself, I have one big suggestion to make. The Brandenburg Gate is too far from the Reichstag. If you go behind the Reichstag in the original Konigsplatz map you will see the BB Gate, that is actually how close it is supposed to be. If you moved it back for the gaming purpose, my suggestion would be to move the BB Gate to it's historic position and "switch it" with the buildings that are where it is supposed to be, keep everything behind the BB Gate, that way if the Gate is captured, the Russians still have quite a long fight ahead. That way the map stays just as large, just as hard for both sides, but a bit more historically accurate.

Other than that, ace map!:)

Upvote 0
Bad News/Good News..

Bad News/Good News..

The =db= server was running this map today.. outstanding work on the uniforms..you can tell you re enact. I'd LOVE to see your FJ's if you have pics of them.

We are having the zombie bug.. -grim- DL's and installed the latest set of the map files and we all logged in and DL'd and we all had the problem. I then manually DL's the files from maporchestra and on my FE everything went back to normal, AND, I was seeing DIFFERENT uniforms.. in particular the Volks uniform I saw initiall had no arm bands and had a slightly different color. After I manually DL'd the file the Volks each had a diff arm band. So, somehow the file that is being re directed is not the same.. either the actual art, or the setup files are pooched..

So we tried this.. I deleted my maps that I manually installed..and I deleted my chache file and -grim- added the "Zombie Fix".rar files and made the edit to the .u file.. Logged in and go the new files to download and unfortunately..same problem.. I manually installed them again and they work again...

go figure :)

Upvote 0