• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map PariserPlatz-Final

Heres a question from one of our tech guys... We are running a WINDOWS based server.. and we are having the bug. Are the people who are NOT having the problem using LINUX servers? Linux is case sensitive, windows is not.. the syntax error could be that simple...

We have no problem if we manually install the files from maporchestra.com.. if a player logs in and gets the auto download..it does not work.. apparently ALL the time..

Upvote 0
It's a very nice map, very fun to play.

However, having been to Berlin before for myself, I have one big suggestion to make. The Brandenburg Gate is too far from the Reichstag. If you go behind the Reichstag in the original Konigsplatz map you will see the BB Gate, that is actually how close it is supposed to be. If you moved it back for the gaming purpose, my suggestion would be to move the BB Gate to it's historic position and "switch it" with the buildings that are where it is supposed to be

im not sure, but i think i placed the gate about at the same spot as it was on konigsplatz, but again i am not sure.
the gate might also seem to be further because it fades out in distance faster than on konigsplatz.

Heres a question from one of our tech guys... We are running a WINDOWS based server.. and we are having the bug. Are the people who are NOT having the problem using LINUX servers? Linux is case sensitive, windows is not.. the syntax error could be that simple...

We have no problem if we manually install the files from maporchestra.com.. if a player logs in and gets the auto download..it does not work.. apparently ALL the time..

so basically you are saying that when you download the files yourself and place them in RO manually, it goes well??
that might explain why we don't see this bug ourselves.
i do think it happens on all servers but not to every players, the times that i played the map, there was only about 2-3 guys who had this on 32 players.
are you also saying that when you had the bug, the soldiers weren't wearing custom skins??

thak you for helping us with this!

Upvote 0
"Zombie bug" solved!
I was suffering from the "standing up" upon death bug too. I just tested and figured out what was wrong.
It is caused because the files are in the wrong folders.
If you download and end up with seperate "texture" and "system" folders inside the "map" folder then you will get the bug. Copy the files in those to the proper "system" and "texture" folders inside the main "RO" folder and everything works.:)

Upvote 0
Take a peek at the following....from server side .ini

ServerPackages=G_Heer1KolnoMod
ServerPackages=G_Heer2KolnoMOd
ServerPackages=R_RKKASpring1KolnoMod
ServerPackages=WaffenSSCamo44_a
ServerPackages=Volkssturm_a

and from my cache after clearing everything out and logging in to autodownload.....

4610F1214AB20C303D59CEAE71A47F35-1=RO-PariserPlatz-final.rom
5DE171F747DA262321C95F8BED1812C8-1=WaffenSSCamo44.u
0649969D4BC7AAFC641C8881DFBE7DC2-1=WSSCamo44Tex.utx
DF7DA9D94AE7E65CB3BB198F8505FF0A-1=VolksSturm.u
845310EE4B04BE12A83C7E97B2EF1CFD-1=VolksSturmTex.utx
C94E04C04E0E16C1E6321E9D33ED94AA-1=G_Heer1KolnoMod.u
63FC6F2E4896302E9E53C299DC8E27DA-1=G_Heer2KolnoMOd.u
2C7C965143048A6536A8C88EAEC1FA46-1=R_RKKASpring1KolnoMod.u

Is the naming convention difference causing problems?

Ok..here is another issue.. with the "fix" specifically.

Under [Engine.GameEngine] add the lines:

ServerPackages=WaffenSSCamo44_a
ServerPackages=Volkssturm_a

yet here are the files he supplies...
WaffenSSCamo44_a.u
Volkssturm_x.u

Does the Volkssturm_x cause problems when the server call is Volkssturm_a???????

Upvote 0
"Zombie bug" solved!
I was suffering from the "standing up" upon death bug too. I just tested and figured out what was wrong.
It is caused because the files are in the wrong folders.
If you download and end up with seperate "texture" and "system" folders inside the "map" folder then you will get the bug. Copy the files in those to the proper "system" and "texture" folders inside the main "RO" folder and everything works.:)

Nope, you didn't solve it :) All you did was manually install them wrong (subfolders) then manually install them RIGHT :) If I install them by downloading the map does work properly.. but if people auto download the maps and textures it does NOT work properly... I found some typo issues.. not sure if they make a difference or not...

Upvote 0
people who got the map from server download, do they get the custom files ending up inside the RO directory instaed of system and texture?

If I clean out everything and go into the server, I get ONLY the files in my cache.. nothing goes to the system, map, or other folders..the game runs off the files in there..

If I manually load them in my folders from the maporchestra download, it works fine...

Upvote 0
We haven't been able to figure out why it is happening.. the Kolno map had the same issue early on but was fixed by the maker.. can't recall what he did.

All auto downloaded files end up in the cache.. when we do this we get the bug. If we download the very same files we put on the redirect, and extract them to the proper folders (not in the cache) the game runs normally..but anyone who logs in and does not do that gets the zombie bug until they go download them.

Regarding the game itself.. does the game keep all new maps and files in the cache, or does it move the files to the "system"/"map"/"texture" folders at some point?

Do the typo issues have anything to do with it? There were some issues with the file names and .ini listings in the files..

Upvote 0
im not sure, but i think i placed the gate about at the same spot as it was on konigsplatz, but again i am not sure.
the gate might also seem to be further because it fades out in distance faster than on konigsplatz.

Actually, the distance is much to far. The distance between the RS and BB in real life is about 1-1 1/2 blocks. In this map, it's nearly 3-4. However, the layout is still fairly accurate beyond that.

Upvote 0
is this a server problem? because there are other maps who have custom textures also, and those seem to work

SchutzeSepp,

I played on 2 other servers running the map last night.. BOTH had the same problem...

We know that if you manually install the files from the maporchestra.com site, the map works normally (for those who install manually)

We know that if you DL the map automatically into your cache, it does NOT work as currently configured.

What I am going to do today is rename the files in my cache that autodownload, and toss them in my system/texture directory to see if they are in fact the exact same as the ones manually downloaded.. if they are..that should also work..

Upvote 0
We know that if you manually install the files from the maporchestra.com site, the map works normally (for those who install manually)
We know that if you DL the map automatically into your cache, it does NOT work as currently configured.

That's correct.
In the past I got my files from the server and dead people kept standing up.
I downloaded this version from maporchestra and it works like a shine.
So it's 100% certain that the server does not hand out all files concerning this map.
1) It might have to do with the fact that some files are "forgotten" by the serverdownload process.
2) Another possibility is that serveradmins have made a mistake in configuring files for this particular map.

Reason nr 2 can be checked: if there are servers with this map without that problem then it must be reason nr 1.

Monk.

Upvote 0
What I am planning to do is test the files in the cache vs. the files downloaded.. I wonder if I take the DL'd files which work if I have them in system/texture directory, and I rename them to the same names as the files in the cahe and copy them into the cache.. will it work then.. if it does, the files are somehow different, or not being DL'd properly. If it does NOT work, then the way the game uses the cahe and the main directory files is somehow effecting it..

I'm also going to load each file manually 1 at a time to see if one particular file is causing it.. or at least if I can find out if the .utx, .u. or .rom file is at fault...

I just need a map running it, and a guy to keep shooting me :)

Upvote 0
First, let me say that this is a very well done map detail wise! Also, we've gotten good comments on the Waffen SS camo skins. Some observations and suggestions however. One is to redo the Volksturm skins with either kids or "older" looking troopers with the proper armbands (one arm only). Next MAJOR suggestion would be some sort of spawn protection, as both sides can get into the other's spawn areas and spawn rape, which gets old very quickly. Third, I have the bug when I play, however, all our players don't experience the same thing. Fourth, the Stug is "wedged" in between obstacles facing the Brandenburg Gate, and can't be moved. How about re-releasing this map with ALL bugs fixed? As I'm afraid as great as this map looks, as as good as the SS skins look, that these other problems (especially no spawn protection) will cause other server admins to not run this map. We will probably take it off our server as well unless these problems are addressed in a "fixed" version, which again, would be a shame with the great potential this map has....

Upvote 0
Ok, you need to look at the Kolno-beta SERVER package at the maporchestra.com site.. You server files for this map have no .uc files in separate directories as Kolno did.. on the download he mentions this format fixed earlier "redirect" bugs.. here is a cut/paste of the readme

All uz2 files go in thesame main redirect direction of your redirect space no special folder for different files)
all .u files should go in your server ro system directory
all .utx files should go in your server ro textures directory
all .usx files should go in your server ro staticmeshes directory
all .rom files should go in your server ro maps directory
all folers with .uc files go in the main red orchestra directory
Under
[Engine.GameEngine]
Press enter behind some serverpackages and add the additional lines:
make sure that Allowdonwloads is set to true under the [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
four the 3 small 2kb .u files (not worthy of compression imho)

If you DL and look at the package you'll see what I mean... I think that is your problem.. the SERVER files need to have that specific format..

Upvote 0
Ok, you need to look at the Kolno-beta SERVER package at the maporchestra.com site.. You server files for this map have no .uc files in separate directories as Kolno did.. on the download he mentions this format fixed earlier "redirect" bugs.. here is a cut/paste of the readme

All uz2 files go in thesame main redirect direction of your redirect space no special folder for different files)
all .u files should go in your server ro system directory
all .utx files should go in your server ro textures directory
all .usx files should go in your server ro staticmeshes directory
all .rom files should go in your server ro maps directory
all folers with .uc files go in the main red orchestra directory
Under
[Engine.GameEngine]
Press enter behind some serverpackages and add the additional lines:
make sure that Allowdonwloads is set to true under the [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
four the 3 small 2kb .u files (not worthy of compression imho)

If you DL and look at the package you'll see what I mean... I think that is your problem.. the SERVER files need to have that specific format..

the folders with .uc files are the source code for the same-named .u files - these contain most (but not all) of the info thats in the .upl file. The upl file tells the game which model, skins & ragdoll to use (as well as data for bot skills/abilities).
.upl files cannot be downloaded from the server - this, I now know, is the cause of the bug - without the upl files in your system directory, you get zombies - people who manually installed the map (& all the file that are included with it) don't get zombies.

I don't understand why the source code is required as the server doesn't transfer this to the client, but it does transfer the .u files. Also the source code for the .u file with the role definitions isn't included or required (the equivalent .u file for the SS & Volksturm role deffinitions is transfered & works ok without the source code being on the server)

the files I posted to try to fix the bug were inspired by the Kolno files - ie I looked at them & tried the same thing with new .u files which have the info from the .upl, but I must have missed something. Hopefully Flash Pan Hunter will be able to help me with this.

As soon as a solution is found & get you the new files to test on your server. Thanks again for your help.

For the time being those of you who are experiencing the bug - the immediate solution is to download the map direct from the link that SchutzeSepp posted at the top of this thread & manually install it. In the meantime a proper solution to the bug is being worked on - we're getting there!

Upvote 0
First, let me say that this is a very well done map detail wise! Also, we've gotten good comments on the Waffen SS camo skins. Some observations and suggestions however. One is to redo the Volksturm skins with either kids or "older" looking troopers with the proper armbands (one arm only). Next MAJOR suggestion would be some sort of spawn protection, as both sides can get into the other's spawn areas and spawn rape, which gets old very quickly. Third, I have the bug when I play, however, all our players don't experience the same thing. Fourth, the Stug is "wedged" in between obstacles facing the Brandenburg Gate, and can't be moved. How about re-releasing this map with ALL bugs fixed? As I'm afraid as great as this map looks, as as good as the SS skins look, that these other problems (especially no spawn protection) will cause other server admins to not run this map. We will probably take it off our server as well unless these problems are addressed in a "fixed" version, which again, would be a shame with the great potential this map has....
thank you for the feedback, the stug3 is meanth to be stuck there, as an immobile gun. the spawns do have spawn protection, but the protection is canceled when you leave spawn.
it is impossible to have an armband on only one arm with RO, and giving them older faces is not an easy task, it would require more files.

i can't blame people for not playing because of the zombie bug, i fully understand.
we are working hard on fixing this, but is has nothing to do with the map itself, the problem is on the server side.

thank you

Upvote 0