• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Panzershreck mod

otester

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 7, 2006
I work for Darkest Hour as 3D artist but I know a little about coding and I want to make a Panzershreck, using the existing Panzerfaust code.

I need to change the; speed of the rocket, flight path so it's more straight & damage. Model etc. can be done later, assuming I get anywhere :D

Since Darkest Hour is a total conversion mod, it has it's own folder, I think I need these 4 class files to do the 3 things needed. Could someone confirm this?

Also am I running this mod correctly by using folder layout and mod execution from shortcut?

click here for file (RAR)

The two files I would look at are RORocketProj.uc and PanzerFaustRocket.uc. Those have the code for the panzerfaust projectile. I would subclass PanzerFaustRocket and then modify the StraightFlightTime variable. This variable determines how far the projectile travels in a straight line before it starts falling.

Yup, done that, working, but it falls very steeply :cool:

Upvote 0
Yup, done that, working, but it falls very steeply :cool:

Well technically you could just use Phys_Projectile and then write your own code to affect the accelleration of the projectile every tick. That is what we did for all the bullets and such in the UT2k4 mod version. Either that, or you might look into using the same physics set up as tank shells.

Upvote 0
Well technically you could just use Phys_Projectile and then write your own code to affect the accelleration of the projectile every tick. That is what we did for all the bullets and such in the UT2k4 mod version. Either that, or you might look into using the same physics set up as tank shells.

yeh I think tank shell pretty much summed it up.

Is it possible to make it have tankshell physics, low velocity and slightly more dip ?

And how would I go about doing this?

Upvote 0
Just use the tank shell physics and adjust the ballistics coefficient and the muzzle velocity so that it moves slower. That will be the easiest way.

I will have to use the formula and find out the cooefficient for the panzerschreck rocket for real?

EDIT: Does anyone have picture of sights for panzerschrek? what distance were on the sights? eg: 50m,100m,200m etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0